Pink - All I Know So Far

Marilyn

User
Now usually I wouldn't be inclined to start a thread about a Pink release but this video features a true pop legend in an unexpected cameo, I won't spoil who it is but it's at 2:59

Video in general is pretty great/looks expensive, shame about the song

Her husband is hot.

• Love
Reactions: dUb
I love that! :D

Seems like a lot of effort for a one-off single to promote a live album though

I love that she saw fit to honour her idol Zoe Alexander with a tribute look at 3:50... remembering her roots

That’s quite a decent video from her, don’t mind the song but it’s a bit wishy washy

Both the song and the video are a bit Pink by the numbers but you got to admit she's got her own kind of CHARM and she can laugh at herself in an EARNEST way that's very refreshing.

I'm so glad she is in a happy place, not many alpha female popstars have a (sort of) happy ending!

I also live for her husband always willing to be taken the piss out of in her videos. CONFIDENT BETA MALE is HOT.

Pink by numbers but I like it...big old video too. A CHER proper duet would have been good for this song

After a proper listen this is rather good. Like Walk Me Home, it doesn’t break any new ground, but it’s another decent track from her.

Narrowly misses becoming her 36th UK top 40 this week, in at 45.

She's had four solo songs before this that made the top 100 but not the top 40. Inevitably most are recent.

#66 I Don't Believe You (2009 - 5th single from the Funhouse album)
#61 Hurts 2 Be Human (2019 - 2nd single from Hurts 2 Be Human album)
#88 Can We Pretend? (2019 - 3rd single from Hurts 2 Be Human album)
#53 Cover Me In Sunshine (2021 - still charting)

Cover Me in Sunshine seems to be lingering around doesn't it. Will it be on the new ALBAM?

Yes, it's a bonus track on the forthcoming live album.

Amazing that she can fart out a twee duet with her 9 year old daughter and get over 100 million Global streams.

This has grown on me a lot, it’s an ear worm so might grow in streaming but I think the Rag N Bone song will probably be more likely to given they’re out at the same time.

Cover Me in Sunshine seems to be lingering around doesn't it. Will it be on the new ALBAM?
Cover Me In Sunshine has got to have some kind of paid promotion with Instagram because it’s been the top song on their music feature since it came out and I’ve seen ENDLESS people using it on their stories.

Subliminal HIT

It's climbing on Spotify (#162 so far) so there's a chance it could climb. The documentary came out on Amazon Prime yesterday, which may help.

There were some posts on moopy talking about how she's faded as a star, but I think her stock is still really high and she's approaching 'legend' status in terms of her live shows and especially since that Brits Medley a couple years ago.

Yeah, the kids won’t stream her in droves (new material), so it’s hard for her to get massive hits these days but she still gets great tour results, airplay and album chartings, so I’d say she’s still very well regarded. Pink up! (Even if I don’t adore the tunes normally!)

The album becomes her first released under her own name to miss #1 in Australia since Try This :agog: (that You + Me project peaked at #2)

I'm saying this more to point out what an amazing run that is rather than to indicate some sort of floppage, as the reception for the live album (top five in Aus and the UK, heading for top 20 in the US) clearly shows she still has a huge audience

Reactions: VoR
If I see another Instagram story using that sunshine song as a background I swear I'll stop streaming your music Alicia

I don't know why, but I find her personality increasingly irritating with age. I really never had her down as a more butch Kris Jenner, but she really is starting to give me momager energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom