Post your ENYA favourites

Of course, Enya's main rain songs โ˜”๏ธ
(of those not yet mentioned in this thread)

Echoes in Rain :cool:๐ŸŒŒ

It's In The Rain ๐ŸŒง๐Ÿ˜Œ

Wondering what the next one will be? ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿค—

A Day Without Rain non-single highlights (part 1):

The title track

Isobella, the elusive b-side spirit child ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Deora Ar Mo Chroรญ (Tears On My Heart)๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿ’ง

I quite liked this remix too, a bit like Moya/Chicane's Saltwater :disco:

Fallen Embers, the one Enya found very emotional from just reading the lyrics ๐Ÿ’—

Lazy Days of course โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’ค

Last edited:
A Day Without Rain non-single highlights
I somehow didn't even mention the ones that weren't a single that I listen to most :eyes:

One By One is one Enya song that I could say one-hundred things about, but would end up mentioning famous people or concepts that have nothing to do with the song, haha.

๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ’ง
I wish the 'da-de-da-de' bridge was longer :D

This one called Pilgrim is beautiful ๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ๐Ÿค—

Apparently inspired by Nelson Mandela and Mahatma Gandhi, it shows how we are all pilgrims in our journey through life.๐Ÿ’—
(More in this article)

I kind of imagine a similar album (not cover) to A Day Without Rain regarding the upcoming Enya album. Happy-sounding on the whole but some kind of loss, fruitlessness etc. running through. ๐Ÿ’ญ

Storms in Africa (I) the Irish version is a better composition, sweeter singing ๐Ÿค— ๐ŸŽผ๐ŸŽจ

Storms In Africa (II) in English has the video ๐Ÿฅฐ

People say Enya's music makes them sleep, well, this one should wake you up! ๐Ÿคฉ

Enya really should record another instrumental for the new album. ๐Ÿ’—๐ŸŽผ

In a comment on this upload, someone mentioned that An Ghaoth ร“n Ghrian and Oriel Window are the most ear-striking solo piano compositions by Enya; I'd agree.

These pieces both have intriguing changes in time signature, and those trills. :disco: ๐ŸŽน

I just really like it, and listen to it frequently. Kind of like a staple food in music form. ๐Ÿ˜Š

An Ghaoth ร“n Ghrian (The Solar Wind) is the earliest released piece by Enya, on a cassette compilation (Touch Travel T4) released 40 years ago:

(Miss Clare Remembers was the other piece, which she re-recorded for Watermark.
Solar Wind is better though, perhaps saved for 'the future'. :cool:)
I uploaded this EQ-adjusted version a couple of years ago ๐Ÿค—

:enya:

An instrumental along these lines, or another great piano bridge like for Echoes In Rain would be very welcome for the new Enya album ๐Ÿคฉ๐ŸŽผ

It features Enya's earliest two songs with lyrics โ€“ fond of this interview, even if I only understand little bits of what Eithne is saying.

๐Ÿค—
JG2VRJ1.jpg

I chose a random 80s appearance to draw ๐Ÿ˜… but like me being a fan for 3 years so far, this was Enya about 3 years before Orinoco Flow (Sail Away). :disco:

This maybe took a few hours to do, across 3 separate days in February 2024. No fancy utensils nor guidelines, just a HB pencil, small piece of paper, an eraser, my hands and observation. ๐Ÿ‘ :) โœจ๏ธ
๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ’—๐ŸŒ 

Last edited:
I rather like this one, Solace, that hardly anyone talks about from Dark Sky Island ๐Ÿ’ญ๐Ÿ’

๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿ˜Œ

Triad from The Celts (1986, like Boadicea) but I prefer the colour scheme of the cover photo chosen for the 2001 pseudo-Italian film in Japanese's soundtrack. :thumbsup:

The opening of Triad (St. Patrick) is my favourite of all Enya song openings, even acapella/vocals only ๐ŸŽผ :disco:

St Patrick and Oisรญn are best - Cรบ Chulainn is okay as an instrumental, but I prefer Seaside Ditty ๐Ÿ˜Š which sounded like this:

Ah how did I forget to mention On My Way Home? ๐ŸŒŸ

๐Ÿค—
There seems to be 3 versions; this is the 5 minute 'remix' one apparently:

The version I prefer listening to (if not watching the music video is the 1997 single version:

One of my favourites of Enyaโ€™s music video costumes too, and the lantern setting ๐Ÿ˜

(I'll be on my way home this afternoon too ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿก๐Ÿ’—)

Long Long Journey

I rather like this one; only recently started listening to it more often. ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿค—

:laugh:

With a bit more built-up instrumentals, this could've been a single! โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฟ:ireland:๐ŸŒŸ

The Loxian Gates :disco:

I've listened to this one more in the last few months, though more for appreciation of how it sounds, than it being in Loxian. :D

More about the song compiled here, that I didn't really read until now ๐Ÿ˜…

A lyric video

The way Enya's 'oh-oh' vocals work with the rhythm is actually quite fascinating. ๐ŸŽถ

Through the gates of night
there is wisdom is waiting to be foundโ€ฆ

That ๏ฌrst place of night
was an island in the colour of stars.
Spring;
green grew and the flowers blossomed.

โ€ฆa lost time, for in the distanceโ€ฆ

Summer;
the sun and the sand,
Autumn;
the shape of yellow leaves falling.

โ€ฆa lost time, far in the distanceโ€ฆ

Winter;
the sky sang snow.
Written into the night;
a world of stars.

โ€ฆa lost time, for in the distanceโ€ฆ

Now, is the season of water;
the island, the cities, the darkness.
Through time this became our world,
but our quest is not yet over.

Now, is the season of the moon;
soft breezes whispering,
night and day.
But our quest is not yet over.
are about the four seasons on this Loxian planet, plus two extra season, of the water, and the moon. ๐Ÿคฉ๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒ•

Sometimes I think of revisiting this thread and adding another favourite or two, and was almost going to say these two again :laugh: after listening back to back.๐Ÿค—
๐ŸŽผ๐ŸŽน๐ŸŽถ๐ŸชŸ๐ŸŒŒ
Enya really should record another instrumental for the new album. ๐Ÿ’—๐ŸŽผ

In a comment on this upload, someone mentioned that An Ghaoth ร“n Ghrian and Oriel Window are the most ear-striking solo piano compositions by Enya; I'd agree.

These pieces both have intriguing changes in time signature, and those trills. :disco: ๐ŸŽน

I just really like it, and listen to it frequently. Kind of like a staple food in music form. ๐Ÿ˜Š

An Ghaoth ร“n Ghrian (The Solar Wind) is the earliest released piece by Enya, on a cassette compilation (Touch Travel T4) released 40 years ago:

(Miss Clare Remembers was the other piece, which she re-recorded for Watermark.
Solar Wind is better though, perhaps saved for 'the future'. :cool:)
I uploaded this EQ-adjusted version a couple of years ago ๐Ÿค—

An instrumental along these lines, or another great piano bridge like for Echoes In Rain would be very welcome for the new Enya album ๐Ÿคฉ๐ŸŽผ

Wait a minute, Anywhere Is hasn't yet been mentioned..!

:grin: ๐Ÿ’–

It seems to pinch elements of various songs before it, the music video references too, and at the same time as all of that, it is inherently a great Enya song.
๐Ÿ˜Š ๐ŸŒ  ๐ŸŽถ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom