Scream 6

What’s your favorite poll question?

• Total voters
I like this one as well (fan made)

That’s a lot of focus on Gayle

Oh my god that looks so so different but so good

I feel like they’ve moved away from the killer being one of the characters hiding in plain sight and it’s just some anonymous psychopath. I’m absolutely fine with that.

I love that Gale finally gets a call from Ghostface! That trailer is intense. I think they’re very clever and from the media rounds last time are aware of every single teaser/image/footage they drop not giving anything away so let’s just see!

Love the throwback to Tatum in Samara’s outfit though

The attention to detail in “the shrine” is incredible. The frying pan from Scream 3 is there! :D

This looks good but I’m not a big fan of Ghostface getting a GUN, it kind of breaks the camp barrier for me seeing as that shop scene basically happens everyday over there. Someone mincing around jabbing the air with an Argos knife should be stuck to at all times please.

Just back from seeing this. Wow. I did thoroughly enjoy it. So good! It really ramps the tension up and there are some great cat and mouse scenes.

I missed Sidney but at the same time I didn’t and was quite happy for her to stay away and be safe 😅😇

So many nods to the previous films, very cleverly done, really good

Yeah I did not enjoy this. It has the worst opening kill in the franchise and yea there were some good sequences (the apartment scene mainly) the rest felt pretty limp and the kills very unspectacular.

you can’t have a slasher movie where all the characters survive, it’s absurd. It just takes away all the tension when every major character has a weak pulse. The original trilogy had 3 core characters, this now has 6. Come the fuck on. Everyone who died was introduced in this movie.

Also the first 45 minutes were very boring. Nothing happens. The therapist kill was the most whatever scene.

They also give away the killer and it’s pretty obvious that it’s the cop and the daughter we didn’t see die.

The more I write the more I hate it.

Reactions: GNL
Ye I don’t agree but I kinda do. It did get absurd at who survived what but if they also want to maintain a franchise that can run and run then we need characters to be the Gale, Sidney, Dewey, Kirby who can come back after the next ten year hiatus or what not and not all just be dead.

It was fun, tense and gory, I really liked it. However, it has to be said: The killer reveal is absolutely stupid!

Why did no-one recognize Richie's father, brother and sister??? Gale wrote a book about what happened in 5cream and she didn't do any research on the family? Sam didn't bother to check out her late psycho ex-boyfriend's father and siblings? Weren't they on the news for WEEKS? Did they all get PLASTIC SURGERY and lost some WEIGHT like QoL Nancy Loomis/Debbie Salt ("It's called a makeover. You should try it.")? Make it make sense...

And it has been mentioned before, but the characters surviving multiple stab wounds is ridiculous. Why wasn't Mindy in hospital at the end? And why didn't Ethan just let her bleed out on the subway???
Stephen King Misery GIF

To quote Annie Wilkes: And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia?

I enjoyed this more than the last one but yeah, it did jump the shark in a few places :D

And yes I did cry at "Tell Sidney, he never got me".

I enjoyed this and then... I didn't.

Why are they so afraid of killing off anybody the audience might actually be MOVED by? It all felt a bit low-stakes. I understand they want to establish a roster of returning characters, but if that's the case you've got to actually make us invest emotionally in the supporting characters who you will pick off. I was a bit underwhelmed by the high survival rate of 5CREAM, but at least you were actually rooting for the characters they offed to survive. I would love if we had actually spent some time with SHRINK or SUPPORTING LESBIAN, but there was no attempt to elevate them beyond canon fodder.

You knew Gale and film nerd weren't going to die as soon as they cut away while they were still breathing. I thought for a brief moment that they were building up to have an actual emotional death in the form of the core four guy, but no, they did the exact same twist they did in the first one with him appearing on a stretcher miraculously FINE having been stabbed in the throat from MULTIPLE DIRECTIONS.

It just left the film feeling a bit HOLLOW and CHEAP. Shit or get off the pot, 5CREAM 2, shit or get off the pot.

I enjoyed it but I have to agree that

The survival of every returning character hurts the film, especially since there isn't even a hand wave as to how multiple stab victims made it through.

Also nearly half the 12 deaths in the film are Ghostfaces - and the only reason they aren't a majority is because I'm counting the unlucky patrons of the bodega who have maybe four or five lines between them. If we are counting characters with actual screentime and lines more villains die (Jason, Quinn, Detective Bailey and Ethan) than victims (Laura, Dr. Stone and Anika.)

Do chuid

Finally caught up with this. Despite quite a few dogshit elements, I can't give it less than an 8 because I enjoyed it a lot, and for a film on its 6th outing almost 30 years later, with so many crucial elements still intact (Gale, Sidney alive, the fact it's still got a BUDGET!) we can't really ask for more. Halloween could never etc. Scream has managed to retain its identity in a way no other franchise quite possibly ever has.

I agree the reveal was SHIT, and nonsensical. I mean, that's kind of Scream tradition, pretty much only the first film and arguably the fourth for HIGH CAMP reasons have decent reveals, but this one just didn't give a fuck if it made sense :D As said, as if they wouldn't all have known....

I was sort of hooked by the opening because of new Scream excitement, but it was dreadful really. Definitely one of the worst parts of the new era.

And despite still not giving a shit about the new characters, at least they had time to breathe in this film. The last one didn't work at all - we were supposed to invest in the original three and a whole new (badly fleshed out) bunch, where's the ROOM? This gave them more of a chance to shine but it's still hard to care. I don't know why - it's not like the original cast were necessarily fleshed out, but somehow everyone, Tatum, Randy, Stu, never mind Sid/Dewey/Gale, even Drew's role, all felt like proper characters. Maybe it was the quality of the actors, or the fact they made everyone quite cartoon-like except Sidney (which then made you root for her) and gave them all a chance to stand out. They're just a bit too wall papery this era.

However, I do actually love Sam's back story with her dad. I love they keep leaning into it, and they did a decent job of making you uncertain of her through most of the film.

And finally, I thought Gale's moment was phenomenal and up there with some of the best Ghostface scenes in the series. It was dragged out just enough and seriously kept you on edge and guessing until the end. It's still got it

Finally caught up with this. Despite quite a few dogshit elements, I can't give it less than an 8 because I enjoyed it a lot, and for a film on its 6th outing almost 30 years later, with so many crucial elements still intact (Gale, Sidney alive, the fact it's still got a BUDGET!) we can't really ask for more. Halloween could never etc. Scream has managed to retain its identity in a way no other franchise quite possibly ever has.

I agree the reveal was SHIT, and nonsensical. I mean, that's kind of Scream tradition, pretty much only the first film and arguably the fourth for HIGH CAMP reasons have decent reveals, but this one just didn't give a fuck if it made sense :D As said, as if they wouldn't all have known....

I was sort of hooked by the opening because of new Scream excitement, but it was dreadful really. Definitely one of the worst parts of the new era.

And despite still not giving a shit about the new characters, at least they had time to breathe in this film. The last one didn't work at all - we were supposed to invest in the original three and a whole new (badly fleshed out) bunch, where's the ROOM? This gave them more of a chance to shine but it's still hard to care. I don't know why - it's not like the original cast were necessarily fleshed out, but somehow everyone, Tatum, Randy, Stu, never mind Sid/Dewey/Gale, even Drew's role, all felt like proper characters. Maybe it was the quality of the actors, or the fact they made everyone quite cartoon-like except Sidney (which then made you root for her) and gave them all a chance to stand out. They're just a bit too wall papery this era.

However, I do actually love Sam's back story with her dad. I love they keep leaning into it, and they did a decent job of making you uncertain of her through most of the film.

And finally, I thought Gale's moment was phenomenal and up there with some of the best Ghostface scenes in the series. It was dragged out just enough and seriously kept you on edge and guessing until the end. It's still got it
Agreed about the opening - I really thought they would have given Samara Weaving more than THAT.

I need to watch Scream 4 again now. Surely the most underrated of the entire franchise.

Also the reveal was shit for this one main reason:

Apart from the fact they would all clearly know who these people are for all the reasons @Debbie Jellinsky said, I am usually useless at guessing the killer, but this one instantly gave the game away when we saw...whatever the girl killer's name was..."killed" entirely off screen. We then quickly worked out she was with the random cop and that was that. It seemed a stupid thing to throw in, but I feel like it happened once in Scream 4 too unless I'm misremembering...

Agreed about the opening - I really thought they would have given Samara Weaving more than THAT.

I need to watch Scream 4 again now. Surely the most underrated of the entire franchise.

I LOVE Scream 4. I think I love it even more that it's a weird anomaly in the series, yet they've nicely linked it all in. And the killer reveal (and ensuing ridiculousness) was so much fun.

That reminds me, Kirby's campy, no real reason to be there existence in Scream 6 was another highlight

This was alot of fun. I enjoyed it more than V despite the shit killer reveal.

On the plus side, Sam's new boyfriend was beautiful, even if he is probably going to die in the next one.

This was good, I would like to watch this again, which I don't think I said about the one before. Being in NYC really freshened it up.

This was alot of fun. I enjoyed it more than V despite the shit killer reveal.

On the plus side, Sam's new boyfriend was beautiful, even if he is probably going to die in the next one.

You can watch be shirtless a lot in The Other Two!

I enjoyed it a lot despite it barely qualifying as a slasher. The series really needs to be less protective of its leads since I’m already going into the next film without a sense of the core four being in any actual danger. A Chad/Mindy double pre-credits kill would go down a treat.

I really love the brutal edge to Sam’s character. It’s a fun take on the final girl archetype that she’s essentially a serial killer at this point and she’s happy to remind Ghostface that she straight-up BUTCHERED their predecessor.

I do enjoy that, it's like they realised Sidney had racked up a massive bodycount (albeit all in self-defence) and decided to really lean into it for Sam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom