Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
shade GIF by Lifetime Telly

I am going to see this next week and will REPORT BACK.

I read an interview with the director who has NOTHING to do with QAnon or right-wing propagandists and is actually quite pissed off at them and Jim Caviezel who by all accounts is a RIGHT-WING NUTTER. But so is KELSEY GRAMMER and we're not cancelling him so GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE GAYS.

I have no desire whatsoever to watch this , especially after the way this was marketed in the US - it only became a hit because they flashed a QR code at the end of it asking audience members to pay tickets for those who couldn’t afford them and who ‘needed to see this ‘very important’ movie, getting millions of right-wing/ conspiracy theorists pay for tickets that were rarely claimed , resulting in huge numbers of tickets sold but empty cinemas.

Reactions: COB
Are we cancelling films based on their MARKETING CAMPAIGNS now? :D Selective outrage!

I'd rather THAT than MILLIONS OF LIBERALS holding a film about a PROBLEMATIC DOLL as the new PSEUDOFEMINIST MUST-HAVE ACCESSORY OF THE SEASON thanks to the most INSANE MARKETING CAMPAIGN the American CAPITALISTIC MACHINE has ever devised. Was there a random BRAND that ADVERT OF A FILM didn't attach their name to?

Is the real guy and organisation the film is based on not a total crock of shit also?

This was merely okay - the furore surrounding it is utterly ridiculous. The only cringe bit happens at the end with a "special message" from Jim Caviezel which is UTTERLY RISIBLE and has TELEPREACHER ECHOES, but the rest of the film is played straight and with a certain flair. Some of the dialogue is naive and many characters and story beats are QUITE CLICHÉD (I think the director couldn't decide if he wanted to film 'Taken' or 'Gone Baby Gone' and the film strays from conventional thriller to drama without landing) but it's hardly deserving of the ONE-STARS I've seen doing the rounds.

Mira Sorvino had TWO LINES in the film yet she got an "...and" credit in the billing. Hilarie :D Also, great choice of a Shakira song :disco:

Is the real guy and organisation the film is based on not a total crock of shit also?

I've only GLANCED at their Wikipedia (so I presume my research is about as good as EVERYONE ELSE ON THE INTERNET) but he seems quite shady, not just with his VIGILANTE METHODS but also with his FINANCING :eyes: Yet, as the film points out, he has also saved hundreds of children and helped lobby for a more concerted cooperation between South American countries and the US government to stop child trafficking. Judging by looks, his household is SEVEN ARIAN CHILDREN and a STEPFORD WIFE, sure, but I wouldn't say he's a crock of shit. If we were to cancel all DO GOODERS with a MESSIAH COMPLEX, some of our PROBLEMATIC FAVES would have been WIPED OUT quite a few years ago!

I should add that Jim Caviezel is a TERRIBLE ACTOR and his DICTION is NON-EXISTANT so I had trouble UNDERSTANDING WTF he was saying several times, so I MAY HAVE MISSED any of the Q-ANON DOGWHISTLING in his lines :eyes:

Ballard, a former adviser to the Trump administration on child sexual trafficking, who is reported to be exploring a run for a US Senate seat in Utah, resigned abruptly from the group in June for then-unknown reasons.

But the online media outlet Vice reported on Monday that the ultra-conservative figure, an alleged QAnon conspiracy theorist, resigned after Our launched a sexual misconduct investigation against him involving at least seven women.

According to the report, Ballard invited female staff and volunteers to accompany him on overseas missions playing the role of his wife, then would coerce them into sharing his bed or showering together by telling them it was necessary to fool traffickers.

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom