Strictly 2023

A much better week for Angela, even though it does feel she isn't properly in the running for this the way I hoped she would be.

Craig has not made the effort for Halloween this year.
The looks mostly feel a bit basic this year, compared to previous high standards. Also the overly long pre-credits sequence with Windows Movie Maker effects and GCSE drama writing was NOT the one (albeit better than the Ant Man nonsense before Movie Week)

And why wasn't there a pro-dance at the start of tonight's show? The specials always used to get one on both nights :evil:

A negative post so just to add that I STILL LOVE YOU, STRICTLY

Never mind, we are getting extra long nonsense VTs, thanks to Amanda's withdrawal.

Craig has not made the effort for Halloween this year.
True - Craig and Shirley as Morticia and Gomez Addams respectively :D was a lot better last year.

Craig2-800x418.jpg

Shirley's is okay; Motsi and Anton's costumes great this year :disco: 🕷️

I don't tend to think much of Angela and Carlos but that was a very good dance to watch :ghost: 🦇
and a fun little dance from Adam and Luba. :laugh:🪄

Adam has surprisingly become fairly competent at ballroom. I agree with Craig on it being overly cutesy mind.

I'm assuming they couldn't get the rights for a proper Harry Potter aesthetic for Adam and Luba, hence the 'Barry Trotter' vibes

I was going to say NO MORE SPOOKY VTs but that one gets a pass.

Graziano and Vito to put the willies up me for Halloween, please

I wonder who she'll be in the dance off with this week

I don't get the fascination with same sex couples having to switch lead roles during the routine. It seems to be making things more difficult than they need to be for little reward.

Anton was very amused by Shirl's BASIC at the BRONZE LEVEL :D

I think I agree with Anton, Krishnan needs a stronger frame at times, but footwork was rather good overall. He and Lauren have the best Halloween costumes and best song so far 🌹:devil:🤩

I thought Angela didn't look so good this week and was wondering if she could be in trouble. The judges seem to be impressed overall though.

Angela as Angela Lansbury doing a Charleston to the Murder She Wrote theme tune is INSPIRED :D

I thought Angela didn't look so good this week and was wondering if she could be in trouble. The judges seem to be impressed overall though.
It felt clearer than ever that she's very old, but I still loved it. I think she'll be fine for a while to come

Kai is quite amusing dressed up like that :D
Angela Rippon still great at the Charleston ✨️They followed last week's stunning Argentine Tango rather well 🤩

I couldn't take my eyes off Katya in that.

Shirley is in a picky mood tonight but I loved Katya hiding from Anton's hip action :D

I'm enjoying Shirley's new fuck-the-lot-of-yous "Please play it back!" catchphrase

I didn't notice the mistakes but he was dancing fairly well; Nigel and Katya's costumes also impressive :grin:

Also Ellie and Vito really good, but he looks like a thistle :rofl:

Last edited:
I really like Layton casually dragging up some weeks, with absolutely no mention of it from him or anyone else on the show. It makes anyone kicking off about it seem even more bizarre.

I kind of expected the bottom two; Zara and Graziano leaving.

I thought this last year with her dress change for Halloween week; with a fringe Shirley kind of looks like Enya 😅
:enya:

Well that was a one-sided dance off. The judges were quite kind with their comments, it obviously was not close.

The pro dance was not all that but I did enjoy Luba as Morticia.

Caught up with the main show and results tonight. Glad that the judges constant over scoring for Adam appears to have now had an affect on his public votes. Out next please.

I didn't care for his street dance last week (definitely overmarked) but thought Adam did pretty well this week. He is surely due a party Latin though which I do not forsee being a success.

Angela as Angela Lansbury should be docked a point for not starting off on a bike with a basket in front. I'm quite surprised at the judges so far. Oh Shirley has started (and can she get a masterclass on it being ok when the audience boo please - it's getting uncomfortable. Thank goodness we have Tess to anchor things).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom