Talk to me

Peekaboo

User
Surprised at the lack of thread for this here since it's a horror film with a bit of buzz.

I enjoyed it although it wasn't the most ORIGINAL of films. But it was tensely shot, with great sound and kept building and building. I liked how the whole film was an allegory for

drug use

disguised as 'possession'. And any film that can get a toe sucking scene in it automatically gets an extra mark from me :disco:

Last edited:
Erm @Phoenix replied to this and the post is gone

Also now the video is a Basement Jaxx song instead of the trailer?

Moopy u ok?

Really enjoyed this film anyway, though agree not BRIMMING with originality.

Started out shit but got better. The cunty friend characters were awful people and bad actors so I was glad when they got ditched in the story to focus on the main girl. The rest of it was pretty decent.

Yeah I enjoyed this! Definitely one of the strongest recent horrors, in that it stuck the landing and didn’t really go all daft at the end.

Erm @Phoenix replied to this and the post is gone

Also now the video is a Basement Jaxx song instead of the trailer?

Moopy u ok?

Really enjoyed this film anyway, though agree not BRIMMING with originality.
There’s a different thread here (sans Basement Jaxx and avec Phoenix):

That's quite a THING considering the film doesn't even mention it, they refer to them as "they" a couple of times but that's it.

Started out shit but got better. The cunty friend characters were awful people and bad actors so I was glad when they got ditched in the story to focus on the main girl. The rest of it was pretty decent.
I thought it started out decent and then turned into a snoozefest! :D The séances at the beginning were sufficiently spooky, but once the younger brother is
in hospital
it became so predictable and boring. I did like the final scene though.

I thought it started out decent and then turned into a snoozefest! :D The séances at the beginning were sufficiently spooky, but once the younger brother is
in hospital
it became so predictable and boring. I did like the final scene though.
I thought the séance scenes were just like watching any group of teenagers being twats. It reminded me of BodiesBodiesBodies. Just wanky, annoying characters.

That's quite a THING considering the film doesn't even mention it, they refer to them as "they" a couple of times but that's it.

Yes, I think that’s why it made the news (as it barely has any correlation to the movie).

I thought the séance scenes were just like watching any group of teenagers being twats. It reminded me of BodiesBodiesBodies. Just wanky, annoying characters.
If you think of the film as a
drug abuse allegory
the scenes make perfect sense, they're MEANT to be
high and annoying teenagers doing incredibly stupid things until one of them ODs and another one gets 'hooked' and everything gets out of control

Last edited:
I think this thread has been possessed by a toe-sucking drowned old lady because I just typed something under the spoiler tag but it's REFUSING to SHOW :shock:

• Wow
Reactions: dUb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom