Tameko Starr or Livin' Joy or something

She is officially back, she posted some info on socials! NEW single out within the next month or so, she was going into studio. I’m so here for this

I’m so excited, apparently it’s a great tune you can dance to. It’s about time we have new music from her!

She’s only recently starting posting properly and shes @tamekostar on IG/Twitter/She has a public FB page called Tameko Star and pages for Livin’ Joy too @LivinJoyOfficial on IG/FB

A.k.a Tameka Starr. I did wonder what she was up to uploading a much needed 480p version of the Follow The Rules video on her youtube channel the other day, but here is some fresh rehearsal footage. Despite her t-shirt, she was not quite on one-take-Whitney mode.

Let's keep tabs on her. She and Janice were advertising themselves as a bookable act not too long ago (despite not having Dreamer, she would definitely have the stronger set). Perhaps she's ready for another stab at it (hoping for another solo song as mega as Feel The Rhythm).

She did the cover of dreamer tho, which is on the Livin’ Joy album too

I was referring to their advertised joint PA thing (do you know if any happened?) The clip I posted earlier of her doing it for MTV was pretty great despite its flaws. Janice's version is on the album too, which I'm sure you know, as a hidden track. I want them both to do a zoom chat where they get into their experiences together, it would be quite interesting - next up I'd want Olga De Souza to do a zoom with Sandy Chambers, and perhaps with Giovanna "Jenny B" Bersola too.
Not as of yet, I know they have performed on the same bill in 2012 at NY Pride or something (there’s a photo of them somewhere). Hopefully next year they will be on stage together, I would so love that.

I also wonder how long she'll have that account until the Visnadi brothers catch on (I always remember Janice's very long myspace reply to me calling them assholes and the story that one of them rolled their eyes when asked about then-Tameka - I have always assumed she had the same issues with them not wanting to pay her royalties).
She’s had that account since at least 2020, I don’t think they care much for LJ anymore, they’re doing their own thing.

She did a video (in her highlights) about the new single announcement and there’s a dance song in the background, wonder if that’s a snippet omg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom