The Billie Ray Martin and Electribe 101 Chat Oasis

Anyone for a COOKY?

89665FD3-D388-4E2A-848E-047B609B5A15.jpeg

BRM would never.
She certainly wouldn’t. She’d rather give it to her cats and starve to death herself. Actually I was thinking earlier about how on earth she survives financially. She does represent the peak of suffering for one’s art and makes very few compromises. People-pleasing not a forte. Can you imagine her working at Lidl to supplement her income? Customer: “Do you know where the sausages are luv?” BRM: “NEIN.” :disco:

It makes me so sad when she gets the BEGGING BOWL out on social media, although I feel it hasn't been happening AS MUCH as it used to do recently, so perhaps her dalliances with close personal friend Wolfgang Tillmans have paid off :disco:

She must be doing ok seeing as she's currently recording FOUR DIFFERENT ALBUMS, one of which is with the MACEDONIAN NATIONAL ORCHESTRA :D / :disco:

I do BEG though, if she does some LIVE DATES in the near future to stay away from the GAY BARS (and pubs :eyes: ) and just book an actual venue.

I know she has VISIONS of FADED GLAMOUR, but it just seems a little CHEAP to me.
I'm sure she could easily sell out HOXTON HALL as opposed to The Glory for example :angel:

I do BEG though, if she does some LIVE DATES in the near future to stay away from the GAY BARS and just book an actual venue.
I went to one she did at (I think) Shoreditch House and TBH it might as well have been at a bar. Some truly awful dancing from the audience for no good reason and right in front of her face. This was the one which she left very hastily at the end AS WELL ONE MIGHT :D:disco:

I do BEG though, if she does some LIVE DATES in the near future to stay away from the GAY BARS (and pubs :eyes: ) and just book an actual venue.

I know she has VISIONS of FADED GLAMOUR, but it just seems a little CHEAP to me.
I'm sure she could easily sell out HOXTON HALL as opposed to The Glory for example :angel:
The night she did at the ICA with the alternative soundtrack to ‘Repulsion’ was packed to the rafters (back in the day). I even rubbed shoulders with Mark Moore.

The most atmospheric venue I’ve ever been to is Piwnica pod Baranami in Kraków which admittedly is not exactly bussable but would suit her very nicely :disco:

Oh actually make that the insanely weird and atmospheric ALCHEMIA instead (apparently once owned by a witch and it shows) :disco:

SPILL!

Somebody posted that she still did a RATHER EXTENSIVE setlist regardless :disco:
Really not much to spill tbh. She was there with a rather emo keyboard player (and backing tapes). There were random drunks wandering in and out throughout. One trying to commandeer the keyboard.

HOWEVER…….

Post gig, she sought out our little gay gang and sat with us for ages and gave us freebies (signed dvd’s) and was just generally fabulous. One of my favourite memories ever.

Some very vigorous dancing in this one, which is maybe a little inappropriate given that (I’ve concluded) it’s a song about murdering someone in an amour fou frenzy and hiding the body in an upstairs cupboard so they can never leave and is therefore superior to Talking With Myself (which I think is generally perceived as their best moment although naturally I disagree :))

IMPROMPTU E101 TOP FIVE

1. Diamond Dove - ALWAYS AND FOREVER
2. Electribal Memories - I mean what even IS this? How could one even describe it? :disco:
3. Tell Me When The Fever Ended
4. Insatiable Love
5. You’re Walking (especially that Ambient Groove Mix)

Some very vigorous dancing in this one, which is maybe a little inappropriate given that (I’ve concluded) it’s a song about murdering someone in an amour fou frenzy and hiding the body in an upstairs cupboard so they can never leave and is therefore superior to Talking With Myself (which I think is generally perceived as their best moment although naturally I disagree :))

OBSESSED with BRM being willing to play ball A BIT MORE in regards to miming for this performance, alongside the VERY SEXY and very vigorous dancing

The more I watch the Talking With Myself TOTP performance I'm convinced it's borderline performance art :disco:

OBSESSED with BRM being willing to play ball A BIT MORE in regards to miming for this performance, alongside the VERY SEXY and very vigorous dancing

The more I watch the Talking With Myself TOTP performance I'm convinced it's borderline performance art :disco:
She’s an ACTRESS
PRINCESS OF THE STARRY-EYED :disco:

Actually I think Electribal Memories might have to be my FUNERAL SONG, not that I’m planning on carking it just yet. BRM in regretful, grief-stricken E MINOR feels like a good way to go :disco:

Which reminds me - and I don’t know whether it’s been specifically mentioned as yet - that BRM’s lyrics are usually THRILLING
AT THE TIME

there was serious concern that this tracks lyrics were telling the story that BRM had had ENOUGH and was spending all her Spotify cents on call boys

AT THE TIME

there was serious concern that this tracks lyrics were telling the story that BRM had had ENOUGH and was spending all her Spotify cents on call boys
Oh my :D

I think she’s obviously more than a little prone to dark nights of the soul so it’s good that she’s currently distracting herself with her four (!!! and also :disco:) albums

UNREQUESTED FAVOURITE LADY SINGER TOP 5

1. BRM - ALWAYS AND FOREVER :disco::disco::disco: with a lot of :( as well
2. Lisa Gerrard
3. Loreen
4, Enya
5. Tori Amos (not that I really bother with her albums these days but live on stage, hello)

LOBODA BUBBLING UNDER OBVIOUSLY

EDIT: Oh actually also SIA :disco:

Last edited:
There was once a mail out that she was working with Bent, but all channels relating to this seem to run cold

Could she have offended yet another production team?

BRM and Bent would have been an amazing combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom