The Brit Awards 2024

Halli

Cheese and pickle?! Basic...
8.30pm ITV1

Dua is opening and Kylie is closing :disco:

Moopy interest should be slightly higher this year than recent years :D

Who won the INDUSTRY PLANT AWARD?

'Big Brother Live Monday' popping down the screen distracted me from this PERF, have some respect for Dua!

'What an incredible audience we have tonight!!' *mild clapping* :D

Raye followed by an excerpt of Amy Winehouse :D

She seems really nice, Amy was better, but still a great musician. Congratulations to her winning 6 (nominated for 7) awards! 🌟

Last edited:
Aw I wish she won (edit - she did win Global Icon) and Kylie is the most iconic and entertaining there! :laugh: 🌟
Waving Kylie Minogue GIF

Last edited:
The performances are ok, its just the cringe inbetween that's AWFUL

This is all incredibly dull.
Especially that Tate Mcrae song.
I’ve heard it before and had forgotten how it went. It’s just so nothingy, where’s the HOOK ?

Is Raye considered new because she hadn't released a full album before? What are the rules?

Never heard of this Jungle band before. The song is pretty good, but they seriously need a better singer. She’s… not good.

Last edited:
I'd not heard of them before either, wiki tells me they have had two #3 albums, I liked her voice though and the song

Suppose they have to give Dua something for being there and performing

It's been such a boring ceremony. Also why so middle aged/old?! The first award was presented by MONICA DOLAN and the sub-post mistress she played in Mr Bates Vs The Post Office ffs :D - Have ITV got Dr Hilary Jones lined up to present Album of the Year later?

And I have never heard anyone really talk about Raye, or encountered her music in daily life? Normally the act that dominates has been inescapable in the months beforehand.

"The devil works hard, like my liver" is a strong lyric though

It's been such a boring ceremony. Also why so middle aged/old?! The first award was presented by MONICA DOLAN and the sub-post mistress she played in Mr Bates Vs The Post Office ffs :D - Have ITV got Dr Hilary Jones lined up to present Album of the Year later?

And I have never heard anyone really talk about Raye, or encountered her music in daily life? Normally the act that dominates has been inescapable in the months beforehand.

"The devil works hard, like my liver" is a strong lyric though
They always had a bunch of older people presenting, didn’t they? If anything it’s been sparse on “legends” when Green Day are probably the oldest ones available to turn up.

They always had a bunch of older people presenting, didn’t they? If anything it’s been sparse on “legends” when Green Day are probably the oldest ones available to turn up.
It's normally a mix, but I'm sure it usually feels a lot more young/current (with bigger names) than tonight

:o

Currently the best band on the planet, Ellie darling.
I only really pay attention to new films. If it’s not in a major movie, from a new stage musical or they haven’t been on Graham Norton, then I’m none the wiser.

Anyway, I do like Raye a lot.

I’m watching from the beginning and listening to them introducing all the acts to mild applause, and then she says she just came back from Love Island to a HUGE round of applause

:nononono:

I hate this country

Ellie Goulding has no stage presence whatsoever. She should stick to recording in the studio because she clearly has an audience but they always seem to wheel her out for every awards show even though it’s clearly her weak spot

I feel like I’m watching week 1 of X Factor

Meanwhile, “multi-talented” Calvin Harris stands at the back and pretends to play a keyboard :D

Ellie Goulding has no stage presence whatsoever. She should stick to recording in the studio because she clearly has an audience but they always seem to wheel her out for every awards show even though it’s clearly her weak spot

I feel like I’m watching week 1 of X Factor
I always feel like she looks uncomfortable when they style her in little leotards like she’s Beyonce or something. Same with Taylor Swift actually. It really affects their performance as they just look awkward. Would be far suited to a long gown - much like what Kylie is wearing now.

If you wanna talk about zero stage presence, I think my auntie Angela has more than Becky Hill.

Why do they keep doing close ups of U.K. hip hop acts with a blank face where they look bored /angry to be there?

Is there a running joke I’ve missed out on?

Why do they keep doing close ups of U.K. hip hop acts with a blank face where they look bored /angry to be there?

Is there a running joke I’ve missed out on?
The close-ups of Pinkpantheress in various states of complete disinterest were the highlight. :disco:

Wait, what? Raye won SEVEN awards? She’s not that good!
6 (I typed it incorrectly above sorry 😅) but nominated for 7.

More than Adele in one awards ceremony (I remember she got loads in 2016 - but that was only 4.) :basil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom