The Brit Awards 2024

Maybe it's because she's been performing the same versions of the songs for years now but I was a bit bored of that medley.

She looked fantastic though.

I just caught up on this after MF and the athletics.

Unfortunately my recording cut off after Padam...

Dua's opening performance was great and Miracle sounded amazing live despite Ellie looking a bit awkward as per.

I really thought Jungle were a duo :confused:

RAYE is lovely and well done to her but new artist my arse. Her medley seemed a tad misjudged too, less Ice Cream Man more Prada and Escapism.

RAYE seems delightful and all that, but given she’s had top twenty hits since 2017, Best New Artist (and six awards all up!) seems a bit of a stretch :D

I really thought Jungle were a duo :confused:

They are / were, as in it was founded by Josh and Tom who are the main writers and producers, but they’ve always been more of a ‘collective’ of different musicians, dancers and singers, and those 2 are the constant.

The 4th album was slightly different where they pushed that female singer into more of a key band role, pushed by the fact that she sings on what is now their most famous song. She doesn’t feature across all of the album but she does tour with them.

Fair enough that she went up and collected the award but a bit weird that she spoke first like she was the leader. She’s only been in the group a year.

ITV News just declared that Raye was the first woman to ever win the Songwriter Of The Year award

Which feels like less of a historic moment when you find out said award was only introduced TWO YEARS AGO.

Catching up on this now, just fast forwarding the awards because really WHO CARES?

Wow at Raye!! :disco:

On the subject of BECKY HILL and ELLA HENDERSON. How on earth do they carry on as dance acts. They have been turning out songs for 5-10 years and most of them sound the same and end up being big hits. I think Becky is headlining an arena tour. I don’t really get it.

On the subject of BECKY HILL and ELLA HENDERSON. How on earth do they carry on as dance acts. They have been turning out songs for 5-10 years and most of them sound the same and end up being big hits. I think Becky is headlining an arena tour. I don’t really get it.
Becky Hill sounds the name of a girl who takes a bottle of vodka to the school disco and ends up getting her stomach pumped. Not a popstar.

Becky Hill sounds the name of a girl who takes a bottle of vodka to the school disco and ends up getting her stomach pumped. Not a popstar.
In fact I went to school with a girl called Becky and this exactly happened to her. She was also pregnant at 15.

Becky Hill sounds like the nickname a dodgy area gets because of the housing scheme they put up in the 70's.

"Fancy coming to The Kebab And Calculator tonight"
"Nah, not walking through Becky Hill on a Saturday night mate, fancy The Chicken And Assault Rifle instead?"

Every Becky Hill song she features on sounds exactly the same, and she's the only lasting success story from The Voice and she didn't even win it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom