The Gilded Age (New Julian Fellows HBO Drama)

I decided last night I’m very much in love with Mr. Russell (when he’s not snaking unions).

As usual the storyline makes NO SENSE. I thought he was suspicious of the deal from the start, and the investment was some way to CATCH THEM OUT. If they were trying to con him, why did they refuse AGAIN and AGAIN to take his money, then buy him out with a huge return?

Imagine they have to sell the house to the HOROLOGICAL TWINK and Agnes and Ada are reduced to being MAIDS?!? The thought is too wicked to bear.

Last edited:
As usual the storyline makes NO SENSE. I thought he was suspicious of the deal from the start, and the investment was some way to CATCH THEM OUT. If they were trying to con him, why did they refuse AGAIN and AGAIN to take his money, then buy him out with a huge return?

To make him want it more.

Imagine they have to sell the house to the HOROLOGICAL TWINK and Agnes and Ada are reduced to being MAIDS?!? The thought is too wicked to bear.

IMG_3830.jpeg

Absolutely loved the finale. Mrs Russell's victory felt complete. I even cared (slightly) about sad Marian and the drippy Russell boy finally getting somewhere.

The scene with Ada's news and Bannister very quickly realising the new order was also very amusing.

I wonder how long they will keep us waiting on renewal news. Of course the ultimate cliffhanger was what will happen with incredible Jack's one of a kind alarm clock.

God that finale was so good! I’ve gone from mild disdain of this whole show to just fucking loving it.

I loved how the vicar or whatever wanted to live a life of God and have none of the advantages money brings and the next sentence these three witches are hollering and cheering because their bland lives won’t have to change :D

Love how we could see power washing over Ada on the realisation she’s now number one :disco:

Season 3 please and I won’t wait a moment too soon!

Now the HOROLOGICAL TWINK is ascending into high society, I hope that means a burgeoning relationship between him and DADDY RUSSEL, and the violent buggering scene between the two we all DESERVE.

I loved that the dead vicar's wealth reveal had me scoffing at what a fucking CARTOON this show is, then the reveal of the new power dynamic in the house made me realise it was actually sort of decent storytelling?

God that finale was so good! I’ve gone from mild disdain of this whole show to just fucking loving it.

This. I still think the story is uber basic but absolutely loved the finale and was so releaved that nobody had to become poor (it was a stressful first half hour and I felt so sorry for poor Oscar).

Now the HOROLOGICAL TWINK is ascending into high society, I hope that means a burgeoning relationship between him and DADDY RUSSEL, and the violent buggering scene between the two we all DESERVE.

So you mean after slagging him off for a couple of months, now you want to be the horological twink?

Also we’re finally RID of the BALD SERVANT whose name I never DID LEARN.

That was honestly the best news.

However the other two servants being allowed to go to the opera makes me think that we will have to see more than we need of them in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom