The Lily Allen Appreciation Annexe

And I'm seconding Fag Hag

and Not Fair

and The Fear (the song that made me look up the UK charts in the first place and discover so many of my favorite artists/songs)

Inevitably, as a German woman with huge breasts, I like the one with the accordion, not least because there’s a slight whiff of OOMPAH

Chinese, I Could Say and Him are my favourites from Lily. I Could Say in particular is just gorgeous. That was a really good record.

Lost My Mind, Apples, Come on Then and My One from the last album were really good. Three on the other was twee rubbish :D probably my most common criticism of her work is that it can be way too melodically basic. I like it when she pushes herself to write more free-flowing melodies, as on the aforementioned highlights of INMIY.

she also seems to have a new one on the BENEE album which I haven't bothered with yet

That this #relatable gem was consigned to be a b-side is a testament to just how good that sophomore album really was :disco:

The first two albums are untouchable for me and are a real summary of (my) life in the years they were released. Iconique.

I've tried with the later ones and they're nice but nowhere near the level of FUZZY FEELS or whatever the first two give me.

I will squidge together a little Lily Top 10 when I can be arsed.

LILY ALLEN TOP TEN AS PROMISED (sorry to keep you all waiting)

Unapologetically from the first two albums only.

01. The Fear
02. LDN
03. Chinese
04. Back to the Start
05. Smile
06. Knock 'Em Out
07. Alfie
08. Everyone's At It
09. Fuck You
10. Not Fair

Sorry this is a little much, but I LOVE every one of these songs

1. The Fear
2. Not Fair
3. Everything's Just Wonderful
4. Apples
5. LDN
6. Who'd Have Known
7. Trigger Bang
8. Chinese
9. I Could Say
10. Alfie
11. Family Man
12. Fag Hag
13. Your Choice
14. Lost My Mind
15. Everyone's At It
16. Fuck You
17. Back to the Start
18. 22
19. Our Time
20. Not Big (How many songs has she written about how her ex's are bad in bed)
21. Three
22. Littlest Things
23. Hard Out Here

Even the appreciation annexe isn't a safe space for us Lily Allen fans anymore :(

Reactions: VoR
God LDN and Smile are MAGNIFICENT :disco:

Reactions: GNL
I only really know and love The Fear but I just like her as a personality. Does that count?

I only really know and love The Fear but I just like her as a personality. Does that count?
Well you have just redeemed yourself SOMEWHAT duck.

I've been listening to her new PODCAST with BESTIE MIQUITA. I find myself chuckling along with them.

Sorry this is a little much, but I LOVE every one of these songs

1. The Fear
2. Not Fair
3. Everything's Just Wonderful
4. Apples
5. LDN
6. Who'd Have Known
7. Trigger Bang
8. Chinese
9. I Could Say
10. Alfie
11. Family Man
12. Fag Hag
13. Your Choice
14. Lost My Mind
15. Everyone's At It
16. Fuck You
17. Back to the Start
18. 22
19. Our Time
20. Not Big (How many songs has she written about how her ex's are bad in bed)
21. Three
22. Littlest Things
23. Hard Out Here
I stand by all 23 of these songs

Sorry to ruin the positivity in this thread but I just popped in to throw it out there that she is probably my least favourite artist of all time.

And I once listened to a Bon Jovi album.

Sorry to ruin the positivity in this thread but I just popped in to throw it out there that she is probably my least favourite artist of all time.

As a wise woman once said, Fuck You

Someone hasn't heard of Ava Max I see

I saw her live when she was supporting the Scissor Sisters ages ago and she was the best bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom