The moopy LEGO thread

straightorbroken

rebel heart
I'm after recommendations for a 5 year old, but feel free to post your faves from all eras, sets and price points as I always enjoy looking and couldn't see a general thread. I'll post my childhood faves and current collection in due course.

5 year old boy or girl? Kylie is 6 but loves Lego, we buy him sets that are aged 8+, he needs a little help with them but can manage them on the whole.

5 year old boy or girl? Kylie is 6 but loves Lego, we buy him sets that are aged 8+, he needs a little help with them but can manage them on the whole.

Girl. Yeah, I was thinking we could build it together Christmas day in hope of a quieter section of the day :)

I'll have a think! There's lots of those lego friends sets that are aimed at that age, we've a couple of them.

I chose 2 relatively smaller sets, a Diner and a Pancake Shop, and will add them on to whatever my sister says to get. All the ones I wanted to get (from a selfish point of view) were for 12+ I can't imagine any 12 year old still being into the more kiddish LEGO.

Meanwhile, I had a quick search and these 3 would probably be my favourite childhood sets. I'll need to keep looking for the others (mainly Police sets, but also some pirates).

R (20).jpg

This took at least 2 Christmas lists to finally get.

d179189e79822557220cc208c0b7c48f.jpg

Hiding my gayness well with this one. Isn't it gorgeous?

R (21).jpg

And this Breeze Cafe one I got for a birthday - I would guess around 8-11. It looks so basic, but the fun was customising an entirely different building on bigger bases, etc.

I recently just did this tractor with my 5 year old:

s-l1600.jpg

It was honestly a lot of fun. The instructions are super clear, the child can go away and "find" the pieces you need and the adult can be the hero and make the product with ease. He was coming home from school and returning to it quite a lot. It's since fallen apart with a rebuild date promised as "#later"

I don't know much about Lego at all, but I think you can more or less find a set for anything the kid is into. Ours is into tractors, so it was obvious present. I'm sure you can find a kit for whatever this little girl is into.

(NB: I was also dying of hangover at the time and it was a good way to kill some hours without excess NOISE #parentoftheyear)

Remember, boys like guns and Star Wars and pussy, girls like makeup and hair and pink. Please choose your lego gifts appropriately

Can't go wrong with LEGO. I think my nephew is a gayer, he's asked for "Rainbow Lego" this year. He means he wants all the different coloured bricks, but still :disco:

I like the buildings more than the vehicles. I went through a phase myself of collecting the Lego Architecture a few years ago, basically just like 3D jigsaws and they look stunning!

Now I play with my nephew. Waiting for him to get into Harry Potter or Marvel or something so we can collect the sets, right now he just likes building towers with duplo and bigger blocks.

This was the biggest one I had, it's in the loft somewhere. It took a out a month to build :D

LEGO-Architecture-Robie-House-Set-21010.jpg

My only memory of LEGO is building a house, going to show my mum and FALLING DOWN THE STAIRS. I cried and vowed never to do it again.

At least it wasn't a vehicle though. Far too boyish.

Can't go wrong with LEGO. I think my nephew is a gayer, he's asked for "Rainbow Lego" this year. He means he wants all the different coloured bricks, but still :disco:

I like the buildings more than the vehicles. I went through a phase myself of collecting the Lego Architecture a few years ago, basically just like 3D jigsaws and they look stunning!

Now I play with my nephew. Waiting for him to get into Harry Potter or Marvel or something so we can collect the sets, right now he just likes building towers with duplo and bigger blocks.

Omg you totes need to buy him this one :o

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/...AFC-AffiliateUK-VHmVwOFUO0M-3523012-124738-15

We've got a lovely Hedwig one too, the mechanisms are great - you can make the wings move :o

My main memory of Lego is my dad removing it from my nose multiple times

I LOVED the Paradisa Lego Series. They were so gay-coded.

I've just looked them up on Brickset. If they are cheap enough I'm so getting them as follow-up presents.

I actually recently bought a 3 in 1 set for LEGO City, but only because it has a code for the video game of course.

I'd have loved this even if I think I did get the best one. Current value over £400 in new condition. Also, it came out 1996, so there goes my "what 12 year old" comment earlier.

6418-1.jpg

And if there was a buy 2 get 1 free offer in Toys R Us, I definitely would have scooped this one up also:

6414-1.jpg

That base is very similar to the pirate one I'm struggling to remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom