UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

She’s an incredibly stupid person, I know that is a glib thing to say but she lacks even the cunning of Priti Patel or the brass neck of Nadine Dorries.

She was nothing more than a basic jobbing lawyer prior to becoming an MP and that has, inexplicably, seen her appointed to Attorney General. Small wonder she is constantly humiliated by Emily Thornberry.

It’s the nastiness of it all.
Anyone with an ounce of talent of credibility stands no chance of a role in Johnson’s government. This foul, lickspittle cunt is probably about as competent as it gets.

The Metric Martyr may well SPIN in his grave because imperial measurements are back!

(Of course they never really went away, and nobody uses them anyway except on the roads)
That’s it, Boris. Harken back to the old days and alienate anyone under the age of 60, that’ll turn those approval ratings around.

That’s it, Boris. Harken back to the old days and alienate anyone under the age of 60, that’ll turn those approval ratings around.
We started converting from imperial in 1965. I forgot it was pre-decimalisation.

That's the year my 75 year old mother turned 18. What a fucking load of old shit. It's purely so they have something other than blue passports to credit Brexit with in time for the next election, isn't it?

We started converting from imperial in 1965. I forgot it was pre-decimalisation.

That's the year my 75 year old mother turned 18. What a fucking load of old shit. It's purely so they have something other than blue passports to credit Brexit with in time for the next election, isn't it?
It’s lamentable red-meat to appeal to its 30% base (which is what they are nearing on VI polls). For the first time I genuinely think he will be gone soon - probably after the Wakefield / Tiverton by-elections (they’ll lose both).

I’d happily visit Boris Johnson’s house. It would be really hard to take a shit on his carpets from outside.

:D

I genuinely laughed out loud at this. It also got me thinking as to how this could be achieved...

If you think awful Tory gays aren’t a thing you haven’t been paying attention. They make up about a third of GB News regular presenting lineup.
Usually live from mum’s basement.

Reactions: VoR
Virtually no one wants this. Talk about alienating two to three generations! People born in the 50s will have lived most their adult life under the metric system. Besides we still have a mix of measures in the UK. WHO'S COMPLAINING? It was hardly a big feature of Brexit.

Utterly dreadful posturing/ pandering dead cat bullshit political play.

He doesn’t give a shit about the practicality does he - it’s back to the “we don’t need Brussels” mentality

You know like those bus advertisements that said millions would be given back to hospitals :eyes:

Johnson is all about the dead cats. All he has is distraction and deflection while he destroys everyone and everything who ever wronged him.

My father is 76 - he sat a professional exam in surveying in 1968 and it was metric. It's absolute bullshit.

I for one am looking forward to it.

Barkeep, a half a gill of whisky and a quart of your finest ale.

Off the top of my head, the only imperial measurement I have any form of understanding of is miles. Everything else is metric. I always need to convert my height and weight into imperial on Google on the rare occasions I need to know.

Off the top of my head, the only imperial measurement I have any form of understanding of is miles. Everything else is metric. I always need to convert my height and weight into imperial on Google on the rare occasions I need to know.

A lot of supermarkets still do packets of fresh fruit in 227g and 454g packets - because they're half a pound and a pound respectively.

I still use stone and pounds as my weight in kg is meaningless. I only just about understand my height in cm rather than feet.

That said, WHY DOES ANYTHING NEED TO CHANGE?

IT DOESN'T is the answer. Boris broke the law and bills are sky high. He knows this is a distraction. He has a back pocket full of them for every time he fucks up. Bring on the Parliamentary investigation into partygate. His failure to quit will be his own undoing.

It's a distraction; they want us to focus our energies on attacking this pointless policy rather than whatever it was we were angry about last week. Can anyone even remember what that was?

I am heartened by the general response to this (i.e it’s laughable) - it seems to be a very pervasive view even amongst those more sympathetic to the Tories (except the Mail and Dan Wooton).

And it’s just more red tape for businesses already having a nightmare trying to export into the EU. How about working on that very real problem instead?

FB_IMG_1653983010392.jpg

Speaking of Farage I was scrolling YouTube the other day and one of his videos came up (my algorithm is a very naughty boy) called THE WAR ON THE JUBILEE. What messy nonsense is that? Every loves it, it's a four day weekend. Stop talking shite Nigel and JUST DIE.

Unsurprisingly, I have seen fuck all about the jubilee in Scotland, other than people excited for the days off. I'm sure there are some yoons having street parties but I thankfully haven't heard anything about them.

I'm going up to Buckingham Palace (the night before, as I'm in London anyway and I wanna get catch a glimpse of the grandeur, loons sleeping on pall mall and hope to see Kay Burley to exact my revenge).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom