Which tv shows do you think will be axed in your lifetime?

In my lifetime? Almost all except the news? :D

In the near future - Hollyoaks, Casualty and possibly Eastenders, but I suspect the BBC might want to get that another heave considering the amount of resources that have been put into it (and it seems to be having something of a creative renaissance). I suspect Home and Away also - and it won't be saved by Amazon.

And presumably The Simpsons will be put out of its misery at some point, if only as the voice actors become less available. Julie Kavner does not sound like she can voice Marge much longer.

The Masked Singer seems to be producing quite rapidly diminishing returns. It was fun 4 lockdown but the constant guessing, Snu articles, and Twitter know-it-alls mean it's not that fun anymore.

Britain's Got Talent will have a couple of more seasons in it and then be 'rested'

And presumably The Simpsons will be put out of its misery at some point, if only as the voice actors become less available. Julie Kavner does not sound like she can voice Marge much longer.
The new episodes make sad. They all sound so old. Marge being the clearest example. They've wound her part down quite a bit in the last few years.

All that have been mentioned here so far, probably. 😅
The long running ones, probably Doctor Who, Spongebob Squarepants, Coronation Street.
Also the shows of anyone who has hosted/still hosts their own show

I wonder if they'll still be churning out Real Housewives of Shit-Tip, Missouri in a decade's time?

The bold and the beautiful
Never
200w.gif

If any of the main cast (including Hank Azaria and Harry Shearer) unexpectedly die, I reckon that would be the end. Harry Shearer is nearly 80 so I EXPECT we’ll all outlive him.

The One Show is going from strength to Strength with all these big bookings and will soon take over THE NEWS and BE THE NEWS.

I kept thinking Eastenders was on its last legs but its hard to predict now.

I don't think Doctor Who will ever truly be cancelled, now that there's precedent for it being brought back, but I could certainly see it being rested in the future (hopefully not for sixteen years next time though :tongueout:)

I reckon EastEnders have probably bought themselves at least a decade with their new set and the investment that went with it, regardless of anything else that might happen with it.

What about PATTY AND SELMA?

The Masked Singer seems to be producing quite rapidly diminishing returns. It was fun 4 lockdown but the constant guessing, Snu articles, and Twitter know-it-alls mean it's not that fun anymore.

Oh I still LOVE IT.

It depends if I die within the next 6 months or if I'm still here in 50 years time.

I think answering this question my doom me to an early death so I won’t

If any of the main cast (including Hank Azaria and Harry Shearer) unexpectedly die, I reckon that would be the end. Harry Shearer is nearly 80 so I EXPECT we’ll all outlive him.
Have you heard the state of Julie Kavners voice lately? Marge sounds like she smokes 50-a-day.

Given how quick they have been to re-cast Carl and other black characters with sound-a-likes, it wouldn't shock me if they just replaced them.

Within the next 3-5 years I'd expect both Doctors AND Casualty to be axed.

Midsomer Murders surely can't go on much longer, either.

Oh and Neighbours again, obvs.

fucking ELITE
Grey's Anatomy

I wish SNL and Sesame Street could go on FOREVER.
I do wonder what would happen to SNL without Lorne Michaels. Those few years without him in the 80s only survived because of Eddie Murphy and because it was still highly rated. Now I don’t think anyone else would ever take it over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom