Who fancies a splash of YACHT ROCK

Shirley

BIG-HEARTED BUNNY
It's so NOW it's got its own TWO-PART BBC4 show

I used to hate some of this kind of stuff but these days I find ANYTHING GOES

Anyway this is VERY LOVELY INDEED

Last edited:
I generally LOVE that album on the whole.

Who KNEW that "yacht rock" was a thing?

Did it exist at the time, or is it something that has been retrospectively created?

I just always think of it as AOR.

It's a recent construction I'm sure. Poor old AOR.

Anyway ACCORDING TO ALL SOURCES this is the NE PLUS ULTRA of YACHT ROCK and who am I to QUIBBLE?

Fabulous :disco:

:disco: I never knew I loved this shit until yesterday when Shaun Keaveny had Katie Puckrick on to talk about the BBC4 show (she's presenting it). They played that Doobie Brothers one, Rosanna by Toto AND I especially enjoyed this. So MELODRAMATIC

Time to purchase some sort of BEST OF I think and I shall certainly be watching the programme

The name didn't exist at the time and it was known as AOR or the West Coast Sound. I can see I'm going to have to go and change the Wikipedia article title back AGAIN.

Definitely AOR at the time. "Yacht Rock" was coined by vaporwave-addled hipster yanks.

It's so NOW it's got it's own TWO-PART BBC4 show

I used to hate some of this kind of stuff but these days I find ANYTHING GOES

Anyway this is VERY LOVELY INDEED

That album is quite underrated, even if It Begins Again is the better of the two. I love seventies lost in LA, AOR Dusty.

This comp has gone up in price quite a bit but covers a lot of ground, even if some of it is surely a bit off theme.

The first release and the Ladies of from the Too Slow To Disco series are rather good. From the former:

The original of Tata's DISCO STORMER

You know I need RELATING, NOT SOLITUUUUDE

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This comp has gone up in price quite a bit but covers a lot of ground, even if some of it is surely a bit off theme.

I'll say :confused:

Yes, the 'Too Slow To Disco's are mighty fine. I'm peculiarly partial to

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Well Katie's doc was MILDLY DIVERTING but mostly for the presence of DR JENNIFER OTTER BICKERDIKE, a name so FANTASTIC even I couldn't have made it up :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom