Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
This is listed on Cineworld's website as having a release date of October 2015 so I'm taking that as official confirmation. :confused:

Harry Styles rumoured to be wanted for Fiyero. Not a bad choice actually.

As for Elphie, please please not Samantha Barks. :zombie:

Last edited:
That release date was on the Cineworld ap at Christmas. Bridget Jones 3 is listed as well, despite no news released whatsoever.

Well either way, a movie IS in development.

As what? They can make cameos but I'm sure they learned from Rent. Anyways, too early for me to get excited about this, show me a cast and then maybe.

Surely they would cast Adele Dazeem and Kristin Chenowith?
Not a HOPE!

I'm sure they'll be involved somewhere as teachers at Shiz or something, but there's no way they'll be Elphie and G(a)linda...

Last edited:
Only one choice for Elphaba blates
BfJAw-CCMAAz93X.jpg

Last edited:
They can always go full CGI with the green one like they did with
Mia Klunis
in that film with James Franco and still use Adele Dazeem's Tony award winning Powerhouse Vocals.

I just don't think they'll bother using people who played the role 10+ years ago, in whatever capacity. But I suppose WE SHALL SEE.

I really think it's going to be Samantha Barks. :manson:

OT: Why does dUb hate Samantha Barks so much?

Her big scene was just about the only saving grace of the execrable Les Mis movie for me.

Last edited:
OT: Why does dUb hate Samantha Barks so much?

Her big scene was just about the only saving grace of the execrable Les Mis movie for me.
She was good in Les Mis but on I'd Do Anything I found her unbearably smug and nowhere near as good as she clearly considered herself

Adele Dazeem cameo alert before this shamelessly glory-seeking, RUBBISH attempt at Defying Gravity - why attempt it if you swerve the big notes? :manson:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wFzu6RhRyJo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Really? Anne was the only good thing about that film IMO.

Oh yes that was good too, aside from her ridiculously distracting PEARLY WHITES.

And to be fair by 'saving grace' I merely mean not as FACE CLAWINGLY SHIT as everything else that was happening in that film.

I certainly found her a more engaging screen presence than boring old Amanda Seyfried.

Last edited:
I just don't think they'll bother using people who played the role 10+ years ago, in whatever capacity. But I suppose WE SHALL SEE.

I really think it's going to be Samantha Barks. :manson:

I read this as Samantha Brick.

Just give it to Willemijn Verkaik. What a motherfucking Queen of Life.

d73c0d90e27d277a4f7bd28323168130.jpg

She was good in Les Mis but on I'd Do Anything I found her unbearably smug and nowhere near as good as she clearly considered herself

I heard this said about Lee Mead as well, but god forbid someone auditioning for a show that requires them to peform live in front of packed theatres 8 times a week (or interviewing for any job) should demonstrate confidence, self assurance and belief. The nerve of the girl!

Last edited:
...the POINT BEING SHE WAS ACTUALLY NOT THAT GOOD Sharla

Though I think Rachel Tucker is my ultimate Elph

Current rumours suggesting Idina Menzel will be Elphaba in the film after all :o

It's been obvious to any queen with a braincell that Adele was always going to be a shoo-in for the movie, especially with her profile right now.

She's in her mid forties now and this is not a play, age shows on film.

They tried the same with Rent and the cast was one of the reasons the film felt off and we were talking 10 year difference there.

Well they can add some Polyfilla to her green makeup.

It's not like we're talking about Kristin Chenoweth, 78.

Oh I don't care about her age, I'd just be SO delighted for Idina! :disco: Although I think Lea Michele would probably be more appropriate...

Cheno IS G(a)linda and no-one else has ever come even remotely close for me. She's even more linked to the character than Idina is to Elphie, for me.

I think Lea will get it too. And I think she'd do it well.

I like Sam Barks but don't think she'd work range wise.

Idina to
too old.

VoR's Les Mis hatred is tiresome.

Last edited:
Anna Kendrick is another possibility I'd say.

Would Anna Kendrick want to do another musical so soon after Into The Woods?

Maybe "they" are waiting to see how that does before making a decision on it.

For every Chicago there's a Phantom Of The Opera.

2016 hopefully?

Hot off the success of Into the Woods, producer Marc Platt has hopes of bringing another stage hit to the big screen. He revealed his hopes of getting a Wicked movie into theaters by 2016.

As of now, Stephen Daldry is still attached to direct and Winnie Holzman is writing the script. Based on the 1996 novel by Gregory Maguire, Wicked is a retelling of The Wizard of Oz told from the perspective of the Wicked Witch of the West. More on the Wicked movie release after the jump.

Platt told Film Divider he wants to get Wicked in theaters by 2016, but that the date is “not set in stone.” He explained:

2016 is the goal, but I don’t know whether we’ll make that goal or not. We will make the movie, but like I said, the bar is really high. We’re going to scrutinize our work on the screenplay and our prep on the movie, and when we feel like it’s ready, okay. We’re not going to shoot a release date is what I’m saying. It’s in the works, it’s not in a rush.

The Wicked movie has been in the works for about the past decade, but progress has been slow. In the meantime, we’ve already had a different movie retelling the Wicked Witch’s origins, and original Broadway stars Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth have aged out of their roles.

In part, the slow development is due to the fact that the musical is still going strong. By any commercial metric, it’s one of the most successful stage shows of all time. Why cannibalize ticket sales by offering audiences a cheaper, easier version of the show? But another part of it is Platt’s determination to get the movie right:

It’s a loose goal. But the bar is very high for the creators of Wicked. Our show is still so strong everywhere, and we just set a record in both London and Edinburgh last week, and in Los Angeles, and we did on Broadway. Audiences enjoy that show so much that we are intending to move forward on the movie but aren’t going to do so until we’re satisfied in the material we have as a screenplay, and that the film will be every bit as satisfying as what we have on the stage.

It’s a noble goal, but one that might not mesh with his other goal to put the Wicked movie out by 2016. As Platt himself points out, “It took 27 years to make Into the Woods into a film from its original stage production, and 30 years with Les Mis. Some things take time for a reason

I'm going to see this for the 11th time (but first time in about 5 years) next week.

Ooh, you'll see my friend Lucyelle in it then before she leaves. I think she plays the midwife (when not the understudy for Morrible).

Oh lovely. I made sure to book for before the end of January as that's when Jennifer DiNoia leaves. She's meant to be good. It was after seeing The Book of Mormon and being distinctly unimpressed with Alexia Khadime who has played Elphaba before. Then I did a bit of research on the current best rated Elphabas so took a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom