Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Just came in to post this. Brilliant. Definitely the best one of the campaign so far.

Very good. I quite liked the last album but I think this one is shaping up to be better for me.

the album is actually out today - haven't had time to dive in yet but the song titles are :disco: lipstick on the glass, play the greatest hits? oui, s'il vous plaît!

I didn't realise it was out today.

I pre-ordered the signed version from Amazon. Just looked and it is currently due to be delivered on Tuesday. So much for arriving on release date...

The Beach II is a truly gorgeous closer. Greatest Hits is an unexpected bratty rock pop number.

On first couple of listens this is a gorgeous album, such a great progression of their sound without going full Coldplay.
Ellie's vocals are stunning, at points she sounds rather Liz Fraser, and I can deffo hear a Cocteau Twins influence in several of the tracks. I need to listen to it more, but it certainly sounds like it has the potential to be a classic, and the reviews seem to be reflecting that.

After the great but uneven last album I was really HOPING they'd go more Don't Delete The Kisses than Yuk Foo, and thankfully they did - Play The Greatest Hits aside (which fits perfectly into the album anyway). Interesting that this (soft) album is almost the complete reverse of the (loud) debut album, with Visions as a happy medium.

Well I really like that on first listen. I do love her vocals. I don’t have time to listen to the full album right now but I really want to, especially with @AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaaA’s review

It's definitely a play at being the UK's biggest band, or at the very least creating a 'great British album' - but they haven't lost themselves in the process of doing so. GREAT JOB WELL DONE ALL!

damn this album has some real bangers. Lipstick on the Glass... :disco:

Delicious Things has some of the most fun songwriting, hooks and vocals I've heard on a "pop" song in a very long time. it's amazing.

if you're all poppin' pills
I won't say NO
I'll give it a SHOT

@Tisch @Suedey @jivafox why aren't you stanning

I need to give it some more goes. On it hun!
@Jark I did this. Yes, really love it! Even though it's very different to the overall album vibe "Play the Greatest Hits" is my fave. "The Last Man on Earth" is obviously sublime. I'm sure that must have been said already.

@Moderator can the album title "Blue Weekend" please be edited into the title? If Jark disagrees I'll let him fight it out with you.

I have played this but only in the background while working and haven't been able to take it in properly yet. One for the weekend.

I’ve been enjoying this while working and a few songs have been popping into my conscious. Play the greatest hits has some riot girl energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom