Wordle (and friends)

Here’s a odd variant: Absurdle.

It’s hard to explain, but the AI can change the word depending on your guesses to make each guess as unhelpful as possible.

Here’s a odd variant: Absurdle.

It’s hard to explain, but the AI can change the word depending on your guesses to make each guess as unhelpful as possible.
Sooo I sort of get it. You have to basically back it into a corner till there's no more answers apart from the right one. I think.

Absurdle 7/∞

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I can't get my game screen back but the three yellows were CAL, the next word I tried was VOCAL, than FOCAL, then LOCAL. By that point only LOCAL was left as possible answers ending in the -OCAL it has already given me as correct. But if I'd guessed VOCAL, FOCAL and LOCAL in a different order, it'd still take those three goes. It doesn't matter which one was the last one I'd picked

I’ve tried about ten times, and the best I’ve done is 6. I’m now sick of it.

2022-01-11 (2).png

What do they mean jobby isn't a word?

Absurdle 7/∞

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I don't get the difference between Wordle and Absurdle though?

Just got a 6 on my 5th go. I think I'm done.

I lied, I kept going.

The problem is you can back it into the same corner every time. If I use the same first three words, it only has a few options left in it.

Absurdle 6/∞

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

if i use PEACH, BROWN AND MILKS, then the word is always _I__Y, and there's only a few combinations left. Like fifty or dizzy

@Jark imagine you're playing Wordle against someone who's cheating and changing the word each time. They can't change what yellows and greens they've given you, but they change everything else, until there's no options left.

The best I've managed in absurdle is 5 and now I retire

Absurdle 5/∞

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom