Zara Larsson - You Love Who You Love

Didn’t grab me on first listen but the last few have been growers for me, and it bodes well for the album.

I get the vibe it might do her normal trick of a flop in between each random hit but hopefully I’m wrong :disco:

Oh this is a bright and breezy number. Not as good as End of Time but I'll take it.

LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE is the best bit.

The title is making me laugh. May as well have called it ‘It Is What It Is’

Added to Radio One this week. Not sure it will do much and continue her streak if every second song flopping (On My Love is still #25 this week, on its 20th week in the chart).

It has had 5 million streams on Spotify in 14 days though which surely isn’t that bad for an artist of her stature?

It sounds very Ava Max to my ears. So of course I like it.

The album is a lil bit half baked and the singles really stand out. More Than This Was just about sums it up:

Venus is quite a lovely dreamy synthy thing mind.

the problem with Zara is that she can't get rid of her penchant for beige outdated pop ballads. We get it girl, you can sing, but I can't believe at this stage of her career she keeps pumping out all of these 6/10 albums.
Venus is a highlight but then you've got trash like Soundtrack and The Healing when they should have spent more pennies in producing stuff like the title track, Can't Tame Her, and End Of time.

Yeah I feel similar. I really like her and she certainly has some great output, but it all feels mainly between 5/10-8/10 at best and never usually elevates into brilliance so ends up a bit..dull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom