Zazie - AILE-P

Oh will have a listen. I dropped off with the ‘Cyclo’ and ‘Encore Heuereux’ albums but I do like an awful lot of her stuff.

It's somewhere between Essenciel and Encore heureux for me. It's good but not THAT exciting, I'm hoping that despite the single title she'll go dark and moody

Well nothing GRABBED me on first listen.

She hasn’t clarified but I assume there will still be an album based on this:

From her social media : “I was craving lightness. The process of an album also means that it can take a considerable amount of time between laying an idea or theme on a sheet and the audience discovering them. Well, I didn’t [want] to forbid myself from having this resonating with my real-time experience. ". So here's the EP.

That was an auto translate copy and paste.

She hasn’t clarified but I assume there will still be an album based on this:

From her social media : “I was craving lightness. The process of an album also means that it can take a considerable amount of time between laying an idea or theme on a sheet and the audience discovering them. Well, I didn’t [want] to forbid myself from having this resonating with my real-time experience. ". So here's the EP.

That was an auto translate copy and paste.
Hmm, sounds like she's STALLING :kim:

I'm enjoying the EP, especially Ça commence and Gilles.

From what I've read, this is the first of a number of EPs
Yes Gilles was my gave of the newie’s

Then sent me on a Zazie afternoon. So annoying La Zizanie isn’t on spotify.
Listened to Ze Live for first time in age and Si j’étais moi is just AMAZING

So it's just another EP called LP with 4 tracks?
Aye. 8 tracks in total, 4 in addition to the EP. Can’t help wondering with the way this has been rolled out if she was struggling a little creatively to come up with something this time.

She already did this on a much bigger scale though with Za7ie.
Was a load of EPs with some later part of an album

Ooh we need a Zazie album rank

Ok here goes

1. Rodéo
2. Zen
3. Made In Love
4. Encore heureux
5. Cyclo
6. La zizanie
7. Za7ie (though some songs on the EPs are fab)
8. Totem
9. Essenciel
10. Je tu ils

I know everyone loves Totem but it's never been for me!

I need to reassess Cyclo which just passed me by

Anyway I just put RUE DE LA PAIX on and bopping out my buss

I think I’d say ‘Totem’ is my favourite, maybe it’s because it’s the one I discovered first in real time and spent most time with it. Likewise I need to really go back to Cyclo and Encore Heureux. I’d generally say my top 3 are:

1 Totem
2 Rodeo
3 Za7ie

Of course she has stacks of good tracks but if I need a very quick Zazie fix I seem to go to ‘Des Rails’, ‘Avant L’Amour’ and ‘FM Air’ most.

Rodéo and Zen are her best albums for sure. I fell off after the Greatest Hits era. Maybe I should give her another go.

I didn't realise @Iguana was a stan. How is he not all over the Mylene thread if French music is his THING cause, let's face it, she's BETTER :D

1. Rodéo
2. Made in Love
3. Zen
4. La Zizanie
5. Totem
6. Za7ie
7. Cyclo
8. Je, tu, ils
9 Encore Heureux (though not really given it a fair go)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom