A BARBRA STREISAND Thread

VoRonika

Take it or leave it
Everyone's favourite mic painting, dog cloning megalomaniac has finally completed her memoirs. :disco:

Apparently it's over 1,000 pages long :D

Reactions: LTZ
My friend sent me her dreadful cover of Life on Mars the other night, and I'm honestly still agog at it :D

Genuinely POLLARDESQUE :su:

Oh yes, that is quite something. :basil:

The ButterFly album was an infamous disaster. Basically a vanity project produced by her then-boyfriend Jon Peters, one of Hollywood's most notorious nutjobs who had virtually no experience producing music up to that point.

Life On Mars is definitely the 'high point' (Bowie described it as 'Bloody awful') but she's completely out of her depth on the whole record, covering the likes of Bob Marley and Bill Withers is so far out of her rich white lady comfort zone as to be quite ludicrous.

Her rendition of 'Grandma's Hands' is also good for a laugh.

"TALKIN' BOUT MY GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDMAAAAAAAAA!"

:ToneNervous:

• Haha
Reactions: COB
Disappointed to discover the personal basement mall doesn't have a set of live-in staff, but at least there's a nice collection of terrifying dolls.

I love that she's the kind of batshit insane where all of her bizarre quirks (cloning her dogs, building a private underground mall) make total sense in her own head.

I JUST LIKE TO COLLECT THINGS!

I can’t wait for the audiobook to download already! I might have to stay up tonight

Why is she reading her own audiobook? Was Michelle Williams busy?

I’ve been listening to highlights of the audiobook recently and it really is an absolute scream. :D

My favourite recurring feature is when she’ll just stop everything mid narrative to pull out some RAVE REVIEWS from the vaults, which she’ll read out in full in a tone of faux-humble surprise, as if she’s seeing them for the first time.

“Oh, this one’s by Pauline Kael! Barbra Streisand is the greatest comedic actress since Hepburn. So nice…”

(Around the 45 minute mark on track 33 for a prime example)

EBB215B7-4C26-4392-937B-710F72A0C3CB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom