A thread for experimental, obscure and really interesting electronic music

OutSynk

Nexus Being
Please post something fresh and new and exciting that you really like. Preferably dark and miserable and beautiful. I've been really lazy with electronic music lately except for my favorites.

I don't need to be on mushrooms to listen to this.

Actress are great. I've bought but not listened yet to the new album. The first two were great although, for reasons not worth going into here, I haven't returned to them much.

I'm not very familiar with Fuck Buttons but I think it was something noisy? I prefer my music a bit more minimal and noisier stuff is for rare occasions.

Was enjoying this and the parent album a lot at the end of last year:

My favourite Fuck Buttons track is Brainfreeze. 10 minutes of building DOOM and NOISE.

I could do with a thread like this because I've been a bit 80's and a bit punk lately (not 80's punk, that would be just dreadful). So, yeah...good current things of an electronic variety would be welcome.

My favourite from that Zomby album is Fly 2.

I don't know how familiar you are with him but I really love his eskibeat stuff (like 'Yeti' on Ultra). There was supposed to be a full length album back in 2010 but that never happened.:( Only a lot of radio rips of unreleased songs and some that are scattered throughout his albums. I imagine he is sitting on a ridiculous amount of amazing stuff considering how prolific he is.

Last edited:
I was at a house festival this weekend, The Black Madonna ( <3 ) played this and I've been listening to it non-stop today.

I don't know how familiar you are with him but I really love his eskibeat stuff (like 'Yeti' on Ultra). There was supposed to be a full length album back in 2010 but that never happened.:( Only a lot of radio rips of unreleased songs and some that are scattered throughout his albums. I imagine he is sitting on a ridiculous amount of amazing stuff considering how prolific he is.
And what do you know that album was released on Friday.:o This kind of stuff NEVER happens. I am so fucking excited to listen to this.

Out on vinyl and everything.
1.jpg

https://boomkat.com/products/mercurys-rainbow

@Zu-Klara

Last edited:
I didn't know where to drop this but I can't decide it if it's amazing or utter dog shit.

I tried listening to the new King Midas Sound album which the lovely @Zu-Klara alerted me about but it's almost unlistenable unless you're planning on KILLING YOURSELF.

Reactions: Zu
Looks like Kevin Martin has been EXTRA BUSY these days. Another album coming in May and this sounds more like it.

I tried listening to the new King Midas Sound album which the lovely @Zu-Klara alerted me about but it's almost unlistenable unless you're planning on KILLING YOURSELF.

:D I think heroin withdrawal in solitary confinement whilst undergoing a life sentence in prison in Belarus might provide the right mood :disco:

Either that or a note popped through the door to say that everyone you’ve ever loved has just been simultaneously RUN OVER

I’ve already notified the lovely @OutSynk of this one as well but I am loving this album very much indeed. Easily the year’s best so far. For some reason this track reminds me of the first Enigma album but that could just be my state of ruin :disco:

This seems like a good thread for a couple of tunes by the awesome Black Dresses who weld songs and even the occasional guitar to their distorto-bangers. Canada's finest.

Reactions: Zu
Looks like Kevin Martin has been EXTRA BUSY these days. Another album coming in May and this sounds more like it.

What age is Kevin Martin? I have his albums from when he was half of Techno Animal and playing doomed-out free jazz as the leader of God. That's 25 years ago, like.

This seems like a good thread for a couple of tunes by the awesome Black Dresses who weld songs and even the occasional guitar to their distorto-bangers. Canada's finest.

Someone’s certainly having a nice time :side-eye:

And quelle surprise that they’re CANADIAN! What DO they put in the water over there? I shall instantly add their album to my shopping list

Someone’s certainly having a nice time :side-eye:

And quelle surprise that they’re CANADIAN! What DO they put in the water over there? I shall instantly add their album to my shopping list. I’ve a sudden taste for RACKET

They have an EP called HELL IS REAL and the title track gets so distorted that it clips to the point of almost inaudible. It's the closest I get to ASMR.

Booo, nooo, fuck off.

The thread needs... Octo Octa

(slightly bitter about the "Octo" thing but I'll let her off...)

Also, if you prefer yr techno as a white knuckle ride through the known spaceways and beyond, there's this from Impulse Array.

Is one of them heard coughing blood at the beginning?

Possibly. One of then - rook, recently rebranded Ada Rook - does have chronic digestive problems and they do have something on an audio verite approach to vocals. You often hear them conferring or helping each other between lines, which is one of those touches that could backfire if it didn't enhance the "it's you and me against the world, kid" feel that their work has.

Must say I’m liking the mystic wonder of the INSTRUMENTAL SOAKING WORSHIP, whatever that’s supposed to mean. I might have to listen to that for calm and serenity rather than watching ASMR Maria cobble together her so-called love potion chicken patties for the 225th time

Must say I’m liking the mystic wonder of the INSTRUMENTAL SOAKING WORSHIP, whatever that’s supposed to mean.
Some of the comments under the video might give you an idea.

Thank you so much for this. You have no idea how much this has helped me get int9 the presence of God and be used by Him

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom