ABBA - Voyage RELEASE DAY SYNC LISTEN

Just slipping into something suitable :disco:

FB_IMG_1636133279381.jpg

Oh, perfect. I have a lot of new music today (including a live LP by The Fall) so I'll have my second spin here.

I think HMV might have got even worse. The entrance to the store was so cluttered with ‘sweet things’, T-shirts and plastic Japanese crap, with no CDs or DVDs in sight, that I genuinely had to check that I was in the right place.

Nonetheless, Voyage purchased. :disco:

15 mins.

I'm meant to be out, fully expect to annoyingly leave at 7.

This will be my first time listening to any ABBA album

I was surprised when I first saw that ‘I Still Have Faith In You’ was the opener, but it’s actually a perfect reintroduction after forty years.

I do wonder at what stage this was written. It can't have been early on, it would have put far too much pressure on the whole project.

I'm liking this a lot more than the one other time I listened to it. Its touching

I was surprised when I first saw that ‘I Still Have Faith In You’ was the opener, but it’s actually a perfect reintroduction after forty years.
Oh absolutely, there's no other place for it. Hearing it as the first material in ever (for those of us below a certain age) worked perfectly and will stay with me for sure!

I do wonder at what stage this was written. It can't have been early on, it would have put far too much pressure on the whole project.
It was the first one written back in 2017 apparently. Although I suppose it wasn’t meant to be as much of a “project” then.

I Still Have Faith In You is lovely but I do kind of resent it being the clip that’s always played when their comeback is being talked about on morning shows.

Maybe I'll cry during this song at some point. I can see it happening

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom