04 I Still Have Faith In You
05 No Doubt About It
06 Ode To Freedom
07 Just A Notion
08 Bumblebee
09 I Can Be That Woman
10 Little Things

Last edited:
Now I've worked out what's going on in I Can Be That Woman, I like it a bit more. I just wish they'd fully committed and written it from the dog's point of view.

"I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded" is such a classic NONSENSE POP LYRIC that I actually shiver with joy every time I hear it. how can something be so right.

Oh, indeed - I wonder if that was intentional?
has to be, has to be.

sampling SOS in the outro of one song and homaging Fernando in the intro of the next should definitely be TOO MUCH and most artists couldn't get away with it. always dangerous to remind the listener of a stone cold classic in newer material.

but somehow it works and I'm STANNING this sneaky moment of throwback retro whatever :disco:

(as an aside, something only true ICONS can pull off—see also Madonna interpolating Vogue on Deeper and Deeper)

In the words of Amanda Palmer, who I know you all hate, in her song 'Backstabber': "Don't tell me not to reference my songs within my songs!"

has to be, has to be.

sampling SOS in the outro of one song and homaging Fernando in the intro of the next should definitely be TOO MUCH and most artists couldn't get away with it. always dangerous to remind the listener of a stone cold classic in newer material.

but somehow it works and I'm STANNING this sneaky moment of throwback retro whatever :disco:

(as an aside, something only true ICONS can pull off—see also Madonna interpolating Vogue on Deeper and Deeper)
The history book on the shelf
Is always repeating itself

:disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom