Alexis Strum's surprise career revival

:D at her threatening an unathorised GUERILLA STYLE in store signing at Fopp Covent Garden.

That thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I feel like I want to buy it to support her. She wouldn't have made anything from the promo cd I bought from ebay, or illegal downloads from back in the day.

And I doubt the royalties from my UK & US copies of Body Language amount to much.

SIX POUNDS EIGHTY PENCE delivery for a CD from her official store though...

I don't want it signed that much. HMV or Amazon it is.

SIX POUNDS EIGHTY PENCE delivery for a CD from her official store though...

I don't want it signed that much. HMV or Amazon it is.
In fairness, I'm sure if you asked that would include her delivering it to your door, and popping in to Caffè Nero to pick up a beverage of your choice on the way.

Oh I'm going! Anyone else?

Clever idea to basically offer a free album "download" with it too- that'll artificially inflate her sales a TREAT!

COCOON LOON RATE

10 World Without Your Love
10 Bad Haircut
08 Heart Over Mind
10 Why Me, Why Now?
10 It Could Be You
06 Alright
11 Stay Until Summer
08 Strike A Light
10 Cocoon
09 Maybe Someday
08 Long Way Home

So I’m going to be in London for the OGAE UK AGM on Saturday 4th November and I think I’m gonna come down the day before and go to the Alexis gig. The last I checked today she had sold 39/100 tickets. 🥺

I’m just worried that they’ll cancel it and I will have paid for a hotel for nothing.

Is it only a 100 person venue? Oh that sounds like fun!

Surely she can fill it up with her mates if she needs to.

Is anyone going to the gig tomorrow?

I've got a LOT going on right now and I don't know if I'm going to make it in the end, but I just can't QUITE make my mind up.

She does a decent job. The names on those Cafe Covers album though... Ben Haenow appears to be the mainstay.

I’m at the Alexis gig! It’s the interval act right now and it’s all going really well. There’s about 60-70 people here. It’s very intimate and really nice. She’s really lovely!

Oh where was this about Kala? Can we get a full review please?

It sounds like she has been doing quite a bit of writing for herself and potentially others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom