Alison Goldfrapp - Solo album

Love Invention is alright. but everything feels like it should be better than it actually is. like, the production is there but she forgot to write decent songs around it. nothing is STICKING.

Love Invention is the pick of the bunch but I agree that the songs overall have been a bit underwhelming.

I gave this a listen when doing my housework this evening. Maybe it was lowered expectations but there are much stronger songs here than the first two singles, which were a bit clinical.

In Electric Blue is the stand out, but The Love Divine and Gatto Gelato are rather good too and Hotel (Suite 23) is a nice slinky little number.

Hotel (Suite 23) is EXCELLENCE! it's so Róisín as well. proper floaty disco banger. the production is hot.

Gatto Gelato has knocked me into a GAY COMA! I had to listen twice. the 80s synth riff :disco:

I am so loving this era, it’s a shame it has been largely ignored. Although she’s charting well on iTunes. I’m sure the album will go Top 20.

This album is a shart.

giphy.gif

Reckon she'll slip to 6-7 but will deffo end up top 10 which is fantastic for the queen of posh pop.

great result, especially considering the streaming #s are utterly tragique. but could drop quite a bit over the week if it's solely physicals sustaining it.

I think I love this album? It's so subtle, and will clearly reveal its charms more and more over time - I'm finding it all rather addictive, and I really like that its not all hit-you-round-the-head stompers that would likely give you a headache.
Some of the production really reminds me of Donna Summer's 70s electronic flirtations, and that can only be a GOOD THING!

NeverStop also remains a massive banger, and sounds like a needs a punch of topless queens on podiums drumming their chests during pride season to accompany it.

I haven’t listened fully yet but I’ve really enjoyed everything so far. Way more than Roisin’s stuff and even Christine’s stuff (which I have still very much enjoyed)

LOVE this album! :disco:

It feels like a new sound for her but the vocals are classic Goldfrapp. I love her take on the Claptone track too - the production is actually better.

the singles strategy for this album was really so ridiculous and awful. I can't imagine who thought it would be smart to release two OK-ish remixes as singles before any of the actual album material was heard.

in another world -

NeverStop
In Electric Blue (push/radio single)
Digging Deeper Now
Gatto Gelato

A CAMPAIGN!

the fucking POPPERS RUSH of In Electric Blue when that sledgehammer synth beat hits in the second verse :disco: what a dream. it's a very Kylie song.

This album is so far fucking amazing. I’ve dragged every single fucking song over to my current playlist

I kinda hate the photoshoot and art direction for this album, it just... doesn't match the music to me

this silly, absurd, glitzy, shimmery, wonderful, expensive sounding pop album is MADE FOR SUMMER and simply owning my life rn. :disco:

sensory MOTION
stirring the POTION
WOW

It’s really amazing. It doesn’t change the world in any way but it’s just a wonderful collection of beautifully crafted pop.

Which you could say about most Goldfrapp albums actually. She just has a KNACK for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom