ASFM Iguanavision II - VOTING CLOSED! 🦎👑

Listened to everything twice and starting to compile some favourites.

Just one week left to vote lovers!
I’m going to be in the Apple that never sleeps when the results happen but I’ll contrive a reason to stay in for them. As well as BCT (British Clock Time), could you let me know when the shows will be starting in WMFTT (Wall Mounted Freedom Timepiece Time)?

I’m going to be in the Apple that never sleeps when the results happen but I’ll contrive a reason to stay in for them. As well as BCT (British Clock Time), could you let me know when the shows will be starting in WMFTT (Wall Mounted Freedom Timepiece Time)?
If he'd entered, you could have followed the results live with @RJN :(

I am on this and due to a punishing schedule next week will probably vote early for once :o

On first listen this is a ridiculously strong bunch. My song seemed to go down okay which as we well know means absolutely nothing

I heard they’re being shown live at times square
I'm meeting @Rita there so we can celebrate her giving me 20 points.
V-J_kiss_times_square.jpg

LISTENING NOW! Just a good FLICK :ken: for now and I'll listen to them properly tomorrow before voting (before everyone starts with the jokes)

Queen Of Pain - Zeigeist - Tar Heart

Not a bad start. The Knife meets Chvrches.

Queen of the Bay - Moonchild Sanelly & Sad Night Dynamite - Demon

Loved this when it came out last year. Really catchy. Thought moopy would hate the generic white rapper but it seems to be quite popular.

Shindellas is alright. Sounds like a track from Dreamgirls. The band name is terrible.

Oh wow this Tokimonsta song is GREAT! This is lining up to be a tough contest. I've barely started.

I've never heard of Anderson East and I feel like I should. That bassline is hitting my VERY CORE. Another great one!

Whoever submitted Anderson East needs to come back to me when this contest is over and tell me more.

I shouldn't like "I'm Not Madonna" but it's very catchy. THe production is on point.

I LOVE Diamond Cafe. Like Prince and Anohni's secret lovechild. Those synths ❤️

This Yola one is pretty well known. It's nice enough but there's a lot better of this ilk.

I love how authentically 80s synthpop has become now that I had to check that Vicious Pink was actually from the 80s. Could easily have been released a month ago.

OMG Tara Kemp! :o :D I LOVE this song! And I love this R&B-pop sound of the early 90s. I feel like a thread needs to be started for this sound, I have SO MANY GREAT SONGS. I might create a playlist. This is such a great song!

Exotica sounds good. I've noticed the bop rate for French songs in ASFM is pretty good. Unlike some OTHER European countries :eyes:

Locomia reminds of Yello's Oh Yeah.

I've not heard this Elderbrook one before! It's also very good. GEEZ @Iguana no bonus choices for this one? I'm not even halfway through!

Anyone would be mistaken for thinking this was an 80s themed ASFM. It's not even just synth stuff. We've had Hi-NRG, new wave and now this Dum Dum Girls song. I mean I'm not complaining :disco:

I have FINALISED MY VOTES. Ended up not being as tricky as first thought because the bops were VERY front loaded.

My top scores are pretty much set as there were some clear highs for me this round, but I'm finding it harder to separate the large group just behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom