Battle Of The Middle 8s

"20 stitches in a hospital room" vs "I'm drunk in the back of the car" vs "Jet-set Bonnie and Clyde"

• Total voters
Ooh I’m torn between Woods and Cruel Summer.

I prefer Getaway Car to both (just) as a song, and I love the key change, but the middle 8 as a whole isn’t my fave bit (that’s the last chorus with adlibs and the outro).

based on my current mood:

1. cardigan - this will never not top any Swiftian list for me, like ever. she really outsold Shakespeare
2. august - not even Tik Tok could ruin it for me
3. Treacherous - a shame that the rest of the song doesn't live up to the bridge
4. ivy - this whole song is so criminally underrated
5. Dear John - yooUU arreee an EXPERT, at SOORRRY!!
6. marjorie - periodt
7. evermore (The Taylor singing Bon Iver's part at The Eras Tour Version)
8. You're On Your Own Kid - i absolutely love how it morphs into a killer outro
9. the last great American dynasty - "and then it was bought by me" still has me shook
10. The Great War - the way she screams it turned into something bigger >
11. Death By A Thousand Cuts - it took teenage girls screeching this at The Eras Tour on Tik Tok for it to click
12. King Of My Heart - i mean it is even interpolated by Midnight's best track, "IS this THE END of ALL the ENDINGS?" - "your ROOMMATE's CHEAP ASS screw-TOP rosè" :disco:
13. Cruel Summer - she is the moment, but Tay's written far more superior bridges
14. 'tis the damn season - the lyricism on this one is chefs kiss
15. I Bet You Think About Me - OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KNOCK IT ALL OUT!!
16. Red
17. Lover - the guitar string scar lyric is everything
18. All Too Well - obviously
19. Out Of The Woods
20. champagne problems - idk why but what a shame she's fucked in the head always has me laughing

i'm sorry Getaway Car couldn't make the list right now.... Why? OH, 'cause she's dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom