Beyoncé - act i: RENAISSANCE

For some reason, I've just given this a proper listen. With the exception of Alien Superstar (9), and Thique (10) every song on this album is a 6 out of 10, maybe 7s towards the end. Nothing either made me gag or MADE. ME. GAG. It was just so INOFFENSIVE and POINTLESS.

Special shoutout to PURE/HONEY for having the brief "What if Drag Queen music was actually good?" and then managing something (well, two things) every bit as mediocre as a Jan or Mo Heart release. :basil:

ZG listening to an album from start to finish...
No Way Reaction GIF by Pokémon

I am loving the album now. It's like B'Day's older, sluttier sister who grew out of the horns and cymbals while being a dirty stop out in her teens having two-day benders every now and then :disco:

I haven't listened to a Beyoncé album in years, but I've given this a go and...I pretty much kind of love it?! I was not expecting this at all...and I'm not really here for Break My Soul so this is a shocker. As a collective this just works and it's nowhere near as rambling and tuneless as I expected. The whole thing is quite a RICH experience all in and seems to dance around the decades quite confidently. I might do a full review at some point maybe but I'm very much on board with this

Just heard a clip on an instagram story and instantly drowned my basement. I'll have to pop this on asap.

This story needs to die already. I love you Kelis, but she was under no legal obligation to CC you. Aside from that, you don't even know her LIKE THAT.

Of all the times Beyonce plagiarized others, this wasn't it.

It’s kind of funny to me that Beyonce was wanging on recently about how she’s just SUCH a perfectionist that she’ll sometimes spend YEARS looking for the perfect snare beat, or some such nonsense. And yet within a week of releasing this MAGNUM OPUS, she’s hastily retooled TWO TRACKS because of sloppy A&R :D

She's dropped a batch of Break My Soul Remixes

Terry Hunter:

will.i.am

Kevin Aviance

Honey Dijon

Shockingly the will.I.am one is the best if the bunch there. It sounds like a Black Coffee remix. The Dijon one is very disappointing all things considered

Why not live up to BMS's essence and hire David Morales, WEISS, or Junior Vasquez( He's still around right?) Damn Bee.

I think we need a RENÈÉ Act I Vs Madame X poll or track by track thing. They’re equally divisive albums by beloved (questionable I know ) Mopsty divas.

I mean if Kylie had sharted out Renee Act 1 I am sure most of the Mopsty would have been hailing it as the third cummin of Christ or something.

WAAAAAIT a second. "Pure/Honey" is sooooo fucking similar to LET'S HAVE A KIKI from the Scissor Sisters. Especially "Check my technique"/"Let's have a kiki"

Fuck this fakeass album!

Beyoncé rewriting the Vogue rap to shout out Janet? I know this is going to put some of you Queens into a coma...

Is this official?

EDIT: omg it is. Madame X should go on about it on her social media instead of that Material Gworrl meme.

The “Break My Soul (The Queens Remix)” is currently only available to purchase on Beyoncé’s website here for $1.29.
PETTY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom