Billie Ray Martin sync listen + lucious BRM chat!

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
Due to a gap in the schedule, I'm dropping a sync listen this Wednesday evening.

Most people know her for Your Loving Arms or maybe Honey as well, but she has quite a selection of LOVELY GEMS.

It will essentially be her astonishing 1995 album Deadline For My Memories + a few bonus bangers. She's not just hot Euro House, she also has a nice side in dramatic beautiful white soul. Also bangers.

She's also a GERMAN MISERY, so there's that.

alien2.jpg

@Sheena @FetchFugly @funky @Soldi @Iguana @Tisch @COB @straightorbroken @ZenGiraffe @ButterTart @Alla @Suedey @RJN @Jark @BoysForSeles

Last edited:
oh I'm going to try and join this. One of those artists I've wanted to educate myself more on. Plenty of the groovy soulful stuff please, she has an amazing voice

This playlist doesn't exist yet. Just seen she's dropped a TON of new content on Spotify, so I'll be doing some emergency BRM research for YOUR PLEASURE.

oh I'm going to try and join this. One of those artists I've wanted to educate myself more on. Plenty of the groovy soulful stuff please, she has an amazing voice
I'm gonna mix it up. The bangers are obvious crowd pleasers, but as I say I'm gonna do a deeper dive.

I'm also aware this will have an audience of two or three, but any new audience for our German Disco Queen will help her pay those expensive Zone 5 council tax bills.

• Care
Reactions: LTZ
The playlist is proving tricky to curate. She's quite eclectic.

The playlist (Spotify only) is DONE. It's about an hour and 20 minutes, but all the essential stuff is at the start and the dive gets deeper towards the end. I've had to cull loads, but it's more of a taster of Dame BRM, there's plenty to explore.

She has some duff moments, but she's experimental and when it works, it's an absolute pleasure. I'm surprised she's not written for others, but her voice is just SO RICH and WARM, I can understand why she'd want to keep them for herself. Gutted she's considered a one-hit wonder.

Just Spotify. Couldn't be arsed to do YouTube as it was last minute.

Reactions: COB
More of a BRM sampler with Deadline being heavily featured as her MASTERSTROKE. Would certainly recommend anyone who likes what you hear tonight, give the full album a go.

I’ll be doing other things in the house but will have the playlist on in the background and may comment occasionally.

She's quite hard to pin down. German kitchen sink disco melancholy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom