Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
Never a song to which I really paid much attention, but I've been blasting it since this week's edition of the Journey Through SAW podcast. Massive flop in the UK (twice) but a surprise top twenty (and airplay #1) in America.

The verses are VERY 80s Kylie.

I like it and Matt Aitken is right- there was some really good stuff on that album. It felt like they just screwed the whole thing up, in the US, at least. I don’t think the SAW connection would have made it possible in the UK at this point.

It’s one of my top 10 SAWs songs. The original version is better I think.

The 1993 version isn’t really much different apart from the fact they’ve messed around with the order of the song.

Wasn’t Samantha Fox the original intended singer of the track? She’d certainly recorded an unfinished version as part of the ‘Just One Night’ album sessions which couldn’t be completed by the album release date but has a similar timeline to Boy Krazy. A Matt Pop mix cropped up on the Just One Night reissue.

Wasn’t Samantha Fox the original intended singer of the track? She’d certainly recorded an unfinished version as part of the ‘Just One Night’ album sessions which couldn’t be completed by the album release date but has a similar timeline to Boy Krazy. A Matt Pop mix cropped up on the Just One Night reissue.

They tried it with her and abandoned it as they didn't think it was working.

I never really paid Boy Krazy that much attention, even when Cherry Pop did all the PWL reissues I kind of disregarded them as late era flops.

That's What Love Can Do is a very good song, though I agree with Matt that the chorus doesn't quite pop as much as it could. The bridge parts are the best. Also agree that the original mix is preferable to the hit US one.

:D at one of them saying that Matt paid them no attention and just laid on the floor of the studio.

I don't think I've listened to the track in probably twenty years, and wasn't even sure I was remembering it correctly - which I think is as FF says above, is because the chorus is the weakest part of the song. It's a shame, as with a better chorus, I could well imagine it being top drawer SAW, although unlikely to be a hit here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom