Do you have mobile phone insurance?

Do you have it

• Total voters
I'm a very cautious/risk averse person in general and the idea of being protected against damage/theft is appealing but I'm also CHEAP

I have it through some group “gadget insurance” thing with my bank, so it covers any registered tablets or laptops too. Thing is I never carry my iPad around now and don’t own a laptop, so I really should cancel it. 22 years of owning a mobile phone and I’ve never needed to claim on anything.

i’ve only ever heard stories of people not being able to claim for whatever so NAH

I voted no but now I’m nervous I’m going to lose my phone tomorrow

I have it through my bank account and have had to claim on it a couple times after getting pissed and losing my phone. Nationwide, and was very simple. This was probably a good five years ago mind.

I have a packaged bank account which covers the phone as part of the insurances package.

Was it @Rachey who used to work for a phone insurance company and they basically wouldn’t pay out for anything ever

I’ve never lost my phone (knock on wood) but I always lose phone chargers and headphones. I wish I had insurance on those

Was it @Rachey who used to work for a phone insurance company and they basically wouldn’t pay out for anything ever
I remember something about her saying if it’s stolen, you pretty much have to be mugged at knife point rather than having it pick-pocketed or swiped for them to pay out. Not sure if that’s still true.

I’ve lost/had my phone stolen approx 1 MILLION TIMES so yes. Never had any problems claiming and well worth the £10/month, I’m astonished when people don’t have it!!!

I haven’t lost a phone in a while but have had it stolen TWICE in the past year.

i’ve only ever heard stories of people not being able to claim for whatever so NAH
We've had all sorts of cases when working for a telephone operator, sometimes we'd compensate, sometimes we wouldn't. Never bought one myself.
I prefer to buy cheap phones instead so that I don't really mind if sth happens to them.

No, my phones constantly go missing or break but that's on me, and I don't think I'd have been able to claim on any of them.

I have it through Nationwide which covers Mobile Phone, Travel Insurance and Breakdown cover for like £13 I think.

I have mine through my bank Lloyds (Its about £15 a month) and also gives me travel insurance and car breakdown cover, so I think its a pretty good deal. I haven't needed to claim for about 10 years mind, but back in my wilder drink/drugs days I lost my phone quite often. Sometimes I couldn't even remember where I lost it/had it stolen. I just used to say it got stolen out of my hand (always where there was no CCTV) :eyes: and never had a problem claiming. Once it did get rejected but thats because I had already claimed twice that year though!

I have it through Nationwide which covers Mobile Phone, Travel Insurance and Breakdown cover for like £13 I think.
I have exactly this. It's fantastic not having to think about Travel Insurance, and I've used the breakdown cover once or twice as well. Never any issues.

I was expecting the travel insurance from banks to be pretty basic but its actually very good, especially with Covid related issues, which is surprising. Its mainly why I keep it.

I have it as part of home contents - my phone recently fell out of the window (don’t ask) and the claim was pretty hassle free

My phone cost more than Ms Rons car, I’m often drunk, high or engaging in sports that involve gravity. I need insuring.

But yes, as above its through a premium banking product that includes all those niggly little useful things I wouldnt maintain if it wasnt easily packaged, travel, breakdown etc. I’ve deffos had my moneys worth out of it all.

Yes it was! And yes you're correct. It was a complete waste of money.

We did like water damaged phones coming in tho because we would always accept those claims, send the customer a new phone, dry the old ones out, steal them and sell them on eBay : disco:

Hey everyone, it's been a while since this thread started but I have some questions. Have any of you switched insurance providers or found any new tips or tricks for getting the most out of your mobile phone insurance?

I only buy used phones, no need for insurance. My current phone is with me for almost four years , but the back glass in badly broken.
Now i am checking online website for an used IPhone 14 , probably in pink color.
Would probably prefer yellow, but looks like this model is not available in that color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, it's been a while since this thread started but I have some questions. Have any of you switched insurance providers or found any new tips or tricks for getting the most out of your mobile phone insurance?

Hello! Switching insurance providers or finding ways to maximize your mobile phone insurance can be a good idea. Here are some tips:

1. **Shop Around:** Compare insurance plans from different providers to find the best coverage and rates.

2. **Read the Fine Print:** Carefully review the terms and conditions of your insurance policy to understand what's covered and what's not.

3. **Bundle with Other Policies:** Some providers offer discounts if you bundle your mobile phone insurance with other types of insurance, like home or auto.

4. **Check Deductibles:** Understand your deductible amount, and consider if it's worth making a claim for minor damages or repairs.

5. **Document Your Phone:** Keep records of your phone's condition, including photos, to prove its state before any damage occurred.

6. **Notify Promptly:** If your phone is damaged or stolen, contact your insurance provider as soon as possible to initiate the claims process.

7. **Ask About Replacement Options:** Inquire about the replacement options available, such as getting a new or refurbished phone.

8. **Consider Alternatives:** Evaluate if mobile phone insurance is the best option for you. Sometimes, credit card benefits or extended warranties offer coverage.

9. **Be Aware of Coverage Limits:** Know if there are limits on the number of claims or the total amount the insurance will pay out.

10. **Stay Updated:** Keep your insurance provider informed of any changes to your phone or plan.

Remember, insurance policies can vary greatly, so make sure to tailor your choices to your specific needs and preferences. It's also a good idea to periodically review your insurance coverage to ensure it still meets your requirements.

:padam:

• Wow
Reactions: COB
I destroy my phone weekly and request a new one to really get the most out of my mobile phone insurance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom