Doja Cat - Paint the Town Red / Demons / 4th album Scarlet

wow. I really thought this screamed flop but it's been growing on me fast and I'm really pleased for her. can't believe it's the first ever solo female rap song to hit #1 on US spotify :o

so happy for her! :disco: such a shame Attention didn't click with the locals.

#1 in the early mids with a 1k lead. it's on :disco: really huge grower of a song, that sample is divine

that top 3 is full on NIGHTMARE MATERIAL! where are you guys BREEDING these FREAKS?!?

I think it's because lots of rural parts of the country finally got high speed Internet in just the last few years and can actually stream music now, so there's more variety

it's a smash. going #1 in the UK this week. new single Demons out Friday already and album in 3 weeks

it's a smash. going #1 in the UK this week. new single Demons out Friday already and album in 3 weeks
Now overtaken by Olivia Rodrigo who shipped her physicals this week.

1 Olivia Rodrigo - vampire (25,870)
2 Doja Cat - Paint the Town Red (21,263)

album closing track is out today, album next week

this one is a real deep vibe, very mid 90s hiphop meets trip-hop

I love the new one. Lots of bold choices in this new era, I'm here for it.

Projected to debut at #4 in the US with 70k. Not as much as I was expecting with "Paint the Town Red" exploding.

Debuts at #5 with 6,076 units in the UK.

disastrous album numbers. i suppose we do have to consider that RCA refuses to give any of its acts a vinyl release with the album, they usually follow months later. that label is run by fucking losers.

but the streams of almost every album track are really weak too. only one single out of the first 4 connected, and her attitude/antics have probably put a lot of people off.

I agree with all of that but also I've listened to Agora Hills 100 times this week

I am liking "Agora Hills" too. Something very late 90s R&B about it. I could see it taking off in the colder months.

I love this album. Basically from start to finish. It's got rap, R&B, jazz, lofi and even some neo-soul, all wrapped into one beautifully crafted package. It's giving Eryka Badu. I'm so glad to see this coming from a mainstream artist.

I actually think the album is not particularly strong/doesn't justify all the talk about taking her artistry less seriously. she is taking herself very seriously for sure, but it's a bit of a drag to get through.

the bars are generally not memorable (a problem for someone whose popularity is built on that), every song has the exact same structure (chorus, verse/chorus etc) which feels highly repetitive after a while... the first half is weaker and the second half stronger, I quite like Agora Hills, Love Life... but most of the best songs were singles already. I like the production but the songs are largely not there.

I like some of these songs but IT ABSOLUTELY IS NOT GIVING ERYKAH BADU :DeathToAllOfThem::kim::JohnPissed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom