Drag Race Holland S01E05 - Snatch Game

VoR

Take it or leave it
Bit weird to watch one of these with zero context for most of the celebs being impersonated. Envy certainly stood out though, she seems unstoppable at this point.

Sad to lose Seddergine this early, but she had a terrible week. Whatever that character was, her act seemed very stilted and one-note, and the Kermit/Piggy runway was a great idea horribly excecuted.

That lip sync song though - atrocious! I like Anouk but that one clearly ain't one of her best.

The conversation around the implications of the runway challenge for non-binary contestants was pretty interesting. I thought Ma Ma Queen looked great and the way she got read for it was pretty awkward really.

It was sad seeing Seddergine collapse; even the lip sync was terrible.

Did they change the runway theme or what happened? Chelseaboy (being constantly slept on) and Mama Queen had far better and more interesting take on the theme than Envy Peru.

Sederginne did have a massively poor week, but I'm still surprised they booted him instead of Abby OMG, as there wasn't a winner in that lip sync. Yes, Abby has been a great antagonist but is there any more to give? And it's not like Sederginne has been a personality free zone, either.

It was sad seeing Seddergine collapse; even the lip sync was terrible.

Did they change the runway theme or what happened? Chelseaboy (being constantly slept on) and Mama Queen had far better and more interesting take on the theme than Envy Peru.
I think there was some confusion about theme as well. But either way, the reading of ChelseaBoy and MaMa Queen felt tone deaf.

My reading of the theme was to show a masculine and feminine look. Unless it wasn’t as explicit in Dutch, it wasn’t asking the queens to show THEIR masculine and feminine sides, so MaMa’s argument was a bit pointless to me.

Absolute wow (presents) at the judges responding to the rather mild rejections of the choice of male and female as black and white opposite options. They can log off with that BS. That it needed explained is the fucking point. I thought that was tough to watch.

Anyway, I've only just got that Ma'MaQueen is a pun of the designer. Violet Chachki would kill for that body - just imagine the looks she'd create with it, plus she'd love prison anyway.

ChelseaBoy wasn't good at all and didn't even remix himself making the same joke twice (on two separate occasions).

Envy did seem to be the best, but the runway was just a blueprint of the brief.

I laughed most as Sedergine's Miss Piggy slapping Kermit's hand away.

I also didn't like the naked photoshoot. Yes, I got my perv in for Sedergine, but 6 thin guys who are almost all very toned is no way to start an end to body shaming. The photo reel of the photographer's work said it all.

I must admit, I did want to see MamaQ flounce and flounder about with that cape, but glad she was spared, not least because of the granny version of Katy Perry song.

Can't believe they gave Abby another take, they've thrown out a huge character, leaving very little incentive to watch quite frankly.

I honestly can’t judge that snatch game. And the runway theme was so confusing so I really don’t know what to think.

I still feel Sederginne deserved a second shot over OMG. And that chat about what masculinity should be like was very uncomfortable to watch.

worst episode so far

God I gave up on this before the lipsync (I knew who was going home anyway).

The judging made me feel QUITE UNCOMFORTABLE, as did forcing the queens to do a nude shoot when some obviously didn’t want to.

I like Envy Peru I guess, but it’s SHOCKING how biased the show is towards her - more than ANY other season of Drag Race I can remember. That she won this week when ChelseaBoy was the clear Snatch Game AND runway winner (MaMa’s runway was also fantastic) was just so transparently unfair :D

I am absolutely FURIOUS! Abby OMG am so should have gone home- shit in the snatch, the runway AND the lip sync. And she’s been shit for WEEKS AND WEEKS.

My poor Sederginne. Crap week too (that outfit :D ) but COME ON!

I also don’t get the Envy love. Three wins and I don’t think I’ve agreed with one of them.

Sederginne had a terrible week, and that runway was unforgivable - but her elimination smacks of CLEARING OUT THE COMPETITION to ensure a Envy win. She was probably the second best performer up to this week.

I’m sure ChelseaBoy will be gone in the next couple of weeks too, probably in an UNDESERVED elimination.

Sederginne had been high every week, hadn't she?

Eliminating her, pushing the agenda to discredit ChelseaBoy and MaMa (on top of sleeping on ChelseaBoy's windswept look) makes me feel like this is just a coronation rather than a competition. It feels like the most obvious one to me since Bob in season 8. Except in Bob's case it was hard to argue she didn't deserve it.

Sederginne had been high every week, hadn't she?

Eliminating her, pushing the agenda to discredit ChelseaBoy and MaMa (on top of sleeping on ChelseaBoy's windswept look) makes me feel like this is just a coronation rather than a competition. It feels like the most obvious one to me since Bob in season 8. Except in Bob's case it was hard to argue she didn't deserve it.

Sedergine was never going to win because she’s from Belgium, but her not being a finalist is a scandal.

I’m still furious. It’s a bad day already and this just made it worse.

Omg I came as soon as I heard

I’ve been chugging through this season - it was certainly interesting. The naked mini challenge - as sorb said, ending body shaming doesn’t start with photographing a load of traditionally attractive young men (but I’ll give it a try). Especially after Envy’s reaction, there wasn’t really any good conclusion, either give her the win as a statement (she did look great though) or pick a pretty queen… hmm

I did watch this episode immediately after episode 4 after I Googled Janey Jacké naked though so :eyes:

It’s a good season anyway, I started it after loving Janey on DRUKvsW but I have been enjoying most of the cast. I was surprised everyone seemed to hate Envy in here, I think she’s quite likeable and she has done really well, even if she hasn’t always been the best.

I must let the record show though that I do love Fabrizio Faniello so that might be part of the reason I like Envy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom