Eurovision 2022 news (Turin on the 10th-14th May)

There are reports that technical issues with the motors inside the moving sun sculpture mean they'll have to limit how much it can move in the show :(

Such a shame but the engineering for it always looked challenging.

The same thing happened in 2018 - those spurs of the whale skeleton sculpture were supposed to move up and down, but ended up being static during the whole thing.
In 05 too. The ancient theater background was originally meant to move but broke down last minute and couldn't be fixed in time

Well this topic got bitter and nasty.

Absolutely appropriate for the almost unending drone that is Eurovision 2022.

What is Sanremo style?

The presenters announce each act/song title/songwriters while the act makes their entrance on stage. Usually a bit of CHATTER with the act while they’re at it.

We’re still getting the traditional postcards/videos before each song as well.

Which will make for a LONG couple of evenings.

TECHNICALLY there’s one song fewer in the final this year, so they do have a little extra time to play with as long as they keep it to around 10 seconds per act. :eyes:

It will be quite funny if the UK finally does get an exciting voting section, but it's rendered moot because everybody watching at home has already gotten bored and gone to BED.

Expect the BBC would put on a nice efficient show also (but it’s been a while since the theory was put to the test)

It still makes me laugh that Sweden were so hung up on keeping things moving that they did THIS to one of their musical icons.

Italy will probably invite Laura Pausini to deliver a 25 minute TED talk before launching into a 15-song Greatest Hits medley.

…and then finally we’ll get Brooke opening the show (after she has accidentally locked herself in the toilet or something)

Toto Cutugno’s co-host will be performing in the final:

They’ve only announced two interval acts for the final so far (the other being a Måneskin mini concert). That said there’s three opening acts which includes an ensemble, a Laura Pausini medley and the flag parade :D

They’ve only announced two interval acts for the final so far (the other being a Måneskin mini concert). That said there’s three opening acts which includes an ensemble, a Laura Pausini medley and the flag parade :D
I think in fairness, the ensemble and the medley are happening DURING the flag parade, or at least one of them is.

We've also got a Mika medley in the final, so make that three, and you know that Maneskin will be getting a 15 minute slot.

I see the EBU BURIED this in the middle of a press release. :evil:

"We will see Mika take the Eurovision stage and treat us to music with the theme of the combination music and love"

I think in fairness, the ensemble and the medley are happening DURING the flag parade, or at least one of them is.

We've also got a Mika medley in the final, so make that three, and you know that Maneskin will be getting a 15 minute slot.
If it is a warm night, why not pop out for a drink or even dinner before returning for the excitement of the scoring

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom