Football 2023-24

I laughed. BUT the Prem might wanna make an example of the bigger clubs. they want to avoid a new regulatory body coming in so they have to step their pussies up with bigger punishments for City and Chelsea.

Liverpool holding City to a draw so that Arsenal can go top of the league tonight :disco: GOD IS GOOD!!!

that's great news. there's so much dodgy money in football now, it needs to stay democratised somehow.

I see City have been charged with failure to control players after the ref's terrible call. that was a mad ride a match :D for a team that didn't even lose, City are terrible losers.

City don’t care about being charged with failing to control their players. There’s no potential points deduction and they’ll pay the fine with the money they find down the back of the sofa. Give all the players who surrounded the ref a ban and they’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.

United beating Chelsea and Villa beating City. What a tremendous evening :disco:

Villa were fucking brilliant against City. they're the real deal. as an Arsenal fan I'm worried about them and Newcastle the most.

Everton look great right now. good for them. Fulham too, Villa are unbelievably hungry for it, Spurs looking dangerous again, it's a really competitive season. :disco:

Oh Villa are just killing it, it's a sight to behold. Very competitive season, I cannot remember the last time 5 or 6 teams were in it to win by the end of the year.

We DIDN’T lose away to Liverpool :agog:

Also loving City dropping points again! One point separating the top three is delicious :disco:

it's so tight at the top. but good to see Arsenal where we belong. can't get a read on whether we'll batter or get battered by Liverpool at the weekend :D I'd probably take a draw but feel we're the better side and can actually win it.

I see the concept of a European Super League is cropping up again

Tbh that's a far better proposal than previously - proper promotion and relegation and feeding up from domestic leagues. Knockout stages to determine the winner can fuck off.

It'll of course never happen, but it's far less odious than previously proposed.

No thank you

They got a big fright from the massive fan backlash, i don’t think they all understood the consequences up until that point. It was ferocious. I can’t believe they’ll try this again for quite a while.

there is already tew much football happenin' right now, to paraphrase Brenda from Bristol. no breakaway competitions. even this CLUB WORLD CUP (WHAT IS IT ANYWAY?) can fuck off.

I preferred the original proposal. A new European league should be instead of, not as well as, mundane domestic leagues. It just needed promotion/relegation.

I preferred the original proposal. A new European league should be instead of, not as well as, mundane domestic leagues.
sorry? mundane? :D the most exciting football in the world is being played in the premier league right now... and not only with the top six who'd be joining this theoretical super league. (they've all distanced themselves from it again in the last 24 hours.)

sorry? mundane? :D the most exciting football in the world is being played in the premier league right now... and not only with the top six who'd be joining this theoretical super league. (they've all distanced themselves from it again in the last 24 hours.)
To be fair, I’m not the really the target audience, and football was spoilt by my team winning the Premiership nearly every year.

But this is a league that has Luton in it. If I were choosing, I’d rather have more matches like Man City-Barcelona than Man City-Luton.

Plus it appeals to my desire for a pan-European federalist superstate.

it's so tight at the top. but good to see Arsenal where we belong. can't get a read on whether we'll batter or get battered by Liverpool at the weekend :D I'd probably take a draw but feel we're the better side and can actually win it.
A fucking nervy one. Huge statement if Arsenal can win it though… also had the benefit of not having had already played midweek 🤞🏻

So I ended up (sort of / reluctantly) watching the Liverpool / Chelsea game as it was on the in bar we were in earlier, and when Chelsea scored early on there was deathly silence apart from this corner private room where a family of EVERTONIANS were having a birthday party and an ironic watch of the Liverpool game, and absolutely went CRAZY :D

It was so awkward but hilarious

festive punishments to funks for that Chelsea slip-up :enya:

it was a good game, I felt they were evenly matched and both deserved the draw. but in the final 20 it was Arsenal likelier to score so I do feel a bit like we let that slip. Saliba and Alexander-Arnold the best players on the pitch. AA is sexy as fuck!

Currently drinking through this xx

can't believe it :D oh well, I can't begrudge these terminal losers a rare win. I don't punch down.

Both Spurs and Arsenal getting spanked is a) quite fun and b) terrible for my fantasy football team.

Man City are going to take advantage of all this and run away with the title, aren't they?

Both Spurs and Arsenal getting spanked is a) quite fun and b) terrible for my fantasy football team.

Man City are going to take advantage of all this and run away with the title, aren't they?
I don't think so. they still look weakened. I think it'll be a three way race that goes right to the wire. Arsenal need a striker in Jan. Solanke would do nicely

I don't think so. they still look weakened. I think it'll be a three way race that goes right to the wire. Arsenal need a striker in Jan. Solanke would do nicely

Talk to me again during the African Cup of Nations (Man City lose nobody) & when KDB and Haaland are back to fitness. They're going to have a big wind-up and jump ahead, again.

I'd love to be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom