Heartstopper

All done now. Loved it again, and I do think it was from Paris onwards that the series really kicked in.

I will suspend my disbelief that 16 year olds will take their friend to their teachers' room to throw up for Mr Farouk, Tara and Darcy and fashion icon Imogen in particular (Queen Olivia obviously as well).

I think I read an interview that said Alice is writing it at the moment so late next year/spring 2025 I guess. I'm not sure it feels like a winter show.

They can't hang around too much, they are already looking older. We don't want a Dawson, 38, situation.

Finished it, and also loved it. It's just so wholesome and sweet - dealing with things not often dealt with, in a good-natured and empowering way that feels like it's making the world a better place. A TONIC

I'm looking forward to s3, even though I'm not sure how much longer it can go on for and keep the magic (but then s2 being great has been a PLEASANT SURPRISE to me)

Also I can't believe Nick and Charlie haven't at least even noshed each other off yet?! I just assumed they'd been getting on with it off camera until it was explicitly mentioned that they're yet to later on in this series. I wonder if that'll be a plot point for s3, or whether it'll largely be hinted at for fear of SULLYING THE BRAND / encroaching on Sex Education's territory.

And on the other side of the coin, I really love that it's delving in to asexuality / aromanticism.

I'm halfway through and though I like it and also I realise I'm not the target audience, but I'm finding it difficult to get past the ridiculous signposting and what feels like an over the top moral drum banging. I get that they can't show them shagging, but the convoluted hand holding in separate bed was weird. They're 16- as if they'd pass up the chance to share a bed, even with others in the room. Also, am I missing something- is Charlie younger? Why hasn't he got exams? They were in the same form, right?

The whole coming out thing feels ridiculous when they literally cuddle and make over the top gooey eyes at each other at every given moment and so the sense of threat and drama around that is kinda flat, plus, four episodes in, it feels like it's going on too long. Plus, with the amount of people who know already, no way that would ever stay secret at school. Some of the acting is APPALLING as well. The two leads are generally very good and most of the adults are great (Mr Farouk is a great addition as well) but some of the kids are AWFUL.

Having said that, I enjoyed episode 4 in Paris a lot more and hopefully from what is said above, it picks up from here.

Also, am I missing something- is Charlie younger? Why hasn't he got exams? They were in the same form, right?
I had to google this - Charlie is in year 10, whereas Nick is in year 11.

Quite why that means they're on the same school trip I don't understand. Also sorry Charlie but if you're both still together in two years Nick absolutely will go to uni and have ditched you by the end of Freshers Week.

It does also explain why there's no ON SCREEN FIDDLY DIDDLING going on to be fair.

V true, though mainly on the part of the nervous Netflix execs

I was more or less where you were at the halfway point @Sheena. I definitely had to suspend disbelief more for this run than the last one.

The struggle to keep coming out is a totally relevant storyline, but is also slightly jarring when EVERYONE in this show's world is queer.

Happy to concur that it does pick up a gear in the Paris episodes and beyond, and I ended the season having thoroughly enjoyed it. I would like to see a bit more GRIT in the following seasons though as the characters grow up or I'm not sure totally how they sustain it.

V true, though mainly on the part of the nervous Netflix execs
It's also a plot point in the comics, so it's all down to Alice Oseman. In volume 5 they are talking about
taking things FURTHER - so it's only kissing, cuddling and HICKEYS until then. Is it realistic? No. Do I care? No. The next season probably will be "grittier" because of Charlie's mental health issues, his eating disorder, self-harming and OCD get worse and he is admitted to a treatment centre. Maybe they'll also incorporate parts of volume 5 since they might not get a fourth season.

Also sorry Charlie but if you're both still together in two years Nick absolutely will go to uni and have ditched you by the end of Freshers Week.

AS IF! :D I'm sure we'll get an epilogue like in the final Harry Potter movie with all of them in their 20s or 30s and their (adopted) children or puppies or whatever...

Enjoyable but agree that you had to suspend your belief quite a bit - Nick wasn’t out and nobody knew he was dating Charlie, but they happily walked hand in hand up the Eiffel Tower in front of the whole class :D

:disco:

Charlie to DIE FROM HIS WOES
Nick to become a METH-ADDLED CIRCUIT QUEEN
Elle’s ONLYFANS CAREER to take a DARK TURN when she GETS TRAFFICKED
Isaac to read a SAD BOOK or something, I don't know

This kind of sums up mostly how I feel about Isaac :D

You're really not selling it to me darlings. Even if you are 16 I don't think you can be BOYFRIENDS if you haven't even had your FILTHY MITTS ON IT

Guys, it's a romantic fantasy for children 'young adults' written by an asexual girl, you're not going to get any SHAGGING. It's like watching Sex and the City for an accurate account of New York 30-something women at the turn of the century.

I will note that there are no shortage of shows about gays out there featuring shagging.

I'm on episode 6, series 2.

It's good, very watchable. But kind of slow. There's not enough interesting stuff going on. But I'll continue as I loved the first series.

Also I don't believe for a second that people in their class don't know Nick and Charlie are a couple. The loving gazes are too much.

Also I had totally forgotten that Elle was trans until Tao mentioned it.

Yeah there were a bunch of times they were hugging in public. One time was near all the guys. But I'm notably good at suspending disbelief so whatever. :)

You're really not selling it to me darlings. Even if you are 16 I don't think you can be BOYFRIENDS if you haven't even had your FILTHY MITTS ON IT
Actually I take this back as I had an AFFAIRETTE with COUNCIL HOUSE STEW in the FOURTH FORM that never involved ANYTHING LIKE THAT. But it MIGHT WELL HAVE DONE if he had been just a TEENSY BIT PHYSICALLY APPEALING and not been rumoured to ONLY HAVE THE ONE TESTICLE

These are the REALITIES that ASEXUAL GIRLS aren't going to GIVE YOU DARLINGS

Guys, it's a romantic fantasy for children 'young adults' written by an asexual girl, you're not going to get any SHAGGING. It's like watching Sex and the City for an accurate account of New York 30-something women at the turn of the century.
:nononono:

omg you'd better take Isaac's name out of your damned mouth. and never enter the reading thread AGAIN. :evil:
:D

Sorry Bev. I do love that he reads. But people who read can do more than that.

I have JUST got to the part where he thinks he's not interested in anyone at all so I'm hoping he gets more interesting.

:D

Sorry Bev. I do love that he reads. But people who read can do more than that.

I have JUST got to the part where he thinks he's not interested in anyone at all so I'm hoping he gets more interesting.

can't wait for you to take it all back and apologise to me on screen :disco:

Series 2 finished.

Isaac didn't get any more interesting. But he did read a lot of books which impressed me.

Series 2 finished.

Isaac didn't get any more interesting. But he did read a lot of books which impressed me.

HE'S ASEXUAL AROMANTIC. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Classic Movies Slapping GIF

Also I can't believe Nick and Charlie haven't at least even noshed each other off yet?! I just assumed they'd been getting on with it off camera until it was explicitly mentioned that they're yet to later on in this series. I wonder if that'll be a plot point for s3, or whether
It makes it so unrealistic that they've been together for two years and haven't even tasted each others d. Unless they are in some religious secta or something.

I will note that there are no shortage of shows about gays out there featuring shagging.
It doesn't even have to be shagging, they haven't even jerked each other off yet. Haven't even played tummy swords for the love of god.
Dont We All Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom