Hollywood Strikes

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
The writers strike has been going on for over 2 months and now the talks with SAG (actors) have failed and they strike starting tomorrow

The actors striking means everything not reality will come to a halt (House of the Dragon and other were shooting with “completed” scripts)

Someone tell Harvey Weinstein he's in prison, he's not on strike.

My favourite part of this whole fiasco is SAG Union President Fran Drescher (of ’The Nanny’ fame) being caught swanning around Italy with noted picket-crosser Kim Kardashian when she was supposed to be leading the negotiations. :D

There is something very pleasing about this thread title. In fact, it'd make a wonderful name for a movie musical.

Hollywood Strikes! (1935)

There is something very pleasing about this thread title. In fact, it'd make a wonderful name for a movie musical.

Hollywood Strikes! (1935)

Or

C521334D-9217-4EE8-BD70-EF0BED01A6CF.jpeg

Oh they’re even striking from promoting completed projects?!

YIKES

I'm a bit more worried about my bins not bring emptied, tbh

The proposals are absurd :D

Get paid for a day and then fuck off

• Wow
Reactions: COB
Fran Drescher holds a place in my heart that NO OTHER human could ever occupy. I love how well she's articulating the problem and how assertive she's being. Fuck Bob Iger and fuck Disney. I can't believe how outdated their contract is.

If one of the side effects from all this was an end to 'Hollywood accounting' that would be great.

There’s a great story about Hollywood accounting where the writer of the Forrest Gump novel was screwed out of his percentage because the studio insisted that it had lost money. When they tried to buy the rights to the Forrest Gump sequel to make a film out of that, he refused to sell them because he ‘could not in good conscience allow further money to be wasted on a failure’.

Do these people not understand how bad this looks?

Well I did not expect Drew Barrymore to be the first major scab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom