How Taylor Swift Played The Victim for a Decade...

I don't care for her, I don't like her music, and I don't have any time for whether or not she perpetually plays the victim.

What I do have an issue with is the insistence that because Kanye is black then he automatically became the aggressor in the public's eyes. No. He behaved like an entitled idiot who embarrassed a young girl in front of the whole world - whether or not she deserved the award is not really Taylor's problem.

I
What I do have an issue with is the insistence that because Kanye is black then he automatically became the aggressor in the public's eyes.

Did people claim that? I thought everyone agreed that storming the stage during an awards's ceremony was wildly inappropriate.

As for Taylor Swift - she is truly loathesome.

She's given me about 2.5 MAX TRACKS, but frankly The Cheeky Girls also managed that, so I don't see why she's managed the level of global recognition she has, whereas they can't even get on The Jump.

She probably is a victim-playing princess jumping on bandwagons etc. but as others have mentioned Kayne is not blameless in their story arc and quoting songs lyrics as proof that she must be a crazy (ex)girlfriend is just stupid.

She does play the victim like a CHAMP and Kanye probably chose the wrong person to pull that stunt on, but in 2017 she's hardly a force of evil on society.

I need a POLL, to know if most people rationally agree she's a ROTTEN CUNT, so I can mark everyone else down the upcoming Moopyrate.

I think JT is right, that many contemporary retellings of that incident place Kanye's behaviour into a wider context, as a way of almost absolving him.

That's exactly right. Kanye initiated and then continued the whole thing relentlessly. He bullied her publicly several times and got away with it because of misogyny and a desire by the white media not to be perceived as racist.

I have no idea if Swift is a bad person or not - she's certainly an astute player of the fame game and is likely gutted that she ended up on the backfoot over this one.

I need a POLL, to know if most people rationally agree she's a ROTTEN CUNT, so I can mark everyone else down the upcoming Moopyrate.

is it possible to be a rotten cunt who has a few MAX TRACKS to her name? regardless if she's written them ro were handed to her by Max Martin

also, I always seem to forget she gave us This Is What You Came For

Is she that awful? I've no interest in her but I thought she always came across QUITE NICE :confused:

It does lead back to the debate on what broader role celebrities are expected to play in society. Her image as a victim or otherwise is part of her job. But it's a slightly dramatic to vilify her for demonising black men, regressing female docility, unless the rest of the world takes her fame too seriously

Demonising black men? FUCK OFF, Kanye West brought all of that on himself by being a PRIZE WANKER. What was SHIT was the RIDICULOUS MUSICAL SNOBBERY of it all.

She's given me about 2.5 MAX TRACKS, but frankly The Cheeky Girls also managed that, so I don't see why she's managed the level of global recognition she has, whereas they can't even get on The Jump.

TRUE STORY: One of the cheeky girls interviewed for a admin job at my mates company the other day.

I meant to tell moopy but then I got pissed and did a load of ket.

TRUE STORY: One of the cheeky girls interviewed for a admin job at my mates company the other day.

I meant to tell moopy but then I got pissed and did a load of ket.

I need an admin person and BY FUCK she could come and work for me

*CHEEKY CHEEKY*

She could have been your Business Development Manager.

In fairness, I spent a good 5 minutes thinking about how we could exploit it for publicity.

But then I was interrupted with a nice 7:15pm phone call from my biggest client to CHEER UP THURSDAY :manson:

I can put you in touch with someone who's been out of work for pretty much her entire existence, and not only loves working nine to five but is also more than happy to be exploited for publicity.

She's pop's answer to Tracey Flick, but ever since it became cool to hate her, it's really sucked the fun out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom