I woke up this morning and chose Can’t Stop

The bridge! The “can’t stop” robotic bits! The verses! The boppy background! The outro! The whispered bits

13/10 if you 🪓 me

7/10 at the absolute best, but I haven’t played it in years, I might pop the soundtrack on when Ace of Base have finished.

This Madge renaissance this morning may have been inspired by the Steve Bray guest appearance on the MLVC podcast. In spite of the annoying hosts (it should be me etc etc!) he managed to reveal quite a lot. There is so much good Bray stuff in the vaults.

On the whole WTG OST vocals are ROPEY I find

Even fan fave Look of Love - but the raspiness makes it
There's a charm about the True Blue/ Who's That Girl era vocals. She hadn't quite learned to use her "adult" vocals.

But the Who's That Girl vocals in general are a step down. You have to imagine the recording at that time was pretty rushed...

Yeah I think she had discovered that range in PDP (Grammy award nominated vocal!!!!1one!!) and then just tapped into it but didn’t work on it further
That being said I think some LaP vocals are also a bit ropey 🙊 but it doesn’t matter .. for example Dear Jessie there is so much “tension” in her larynx.

@Suedey let me know when you've chosen DON'T STOP please because I thought that was what this thread was about and got a little bit excited
You'll just have to wait and see I guess.
AnimatedFaroffDugong-size_restricted.gif

My listing of CDs to sell on Discogs has just hit my Madonna collection and that and this thread are just making me want to pop my OTTO VON WERNHERR collection on :disco:

My listing of CDs to sell on Discogs has just hit my Madonna collection and that and this thread are just making me want to pop my OTTO VON WERNHERR collection on :disco:
The Steve Bray podcast has also tempted to put PRE MADONNA on which is actually not that bad at all

I bought the cassette of WTG originally and never bothered upgrading.

I've just found my old burnt copy of that random, fan made Like a Prayer remaster with slightly remixed songs (and the added Prince guitar work in the title track) that all occurred at some point in the noughties and we all lost our shit about.

I'm playing it now and it's REALLY QUITE GOOD.

Even her largely forgotten 80s songs like Causing a commotion, Angel and Gambler are a good reminder of why she was named Queen of pop (and still is, in my book!).

I never listen to it. My 1987 Madonna rank goes something like:

1. Who's That Girl
2. The Look of Love
3. Causing a Commotion
4. Spotlight
5. Can't Stop

I basically love them all except "Can't Stop" :D

What a good rank

(1.) La Isla Bonita (7” Remix) - :D

OK, seriously…

1. Causin’ A Commotion
2. Who’s That Girl