Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
I went into this expecting a bit of a slog but I was very pleasantly surprised. It dragged a little in the final act but on the whole it was really gripping.

Lily Gladstone deserves all the raves she's getting. It's a tough role, often very passive, but she conveys so much about what's going on behind her eyes with relatively minimal dialogue.

DiCaprio was strong too and DeNiro was the best I've seen him in decades.

I really enjoyed it. Agree that Lily Gladstone carries it, there’s a lot of acting with the looks and silence.

Also the actress who plays the feisty sister deserves a supporting acting nomination.

There’s a cameo near the end that was embarrassingly bad (they just pop on the screen in the most cringe way).

Reactions: VoR
Seen it twice now, once at LFF and just discovered that Odeon do luxury recliner seats on Mondays for £11 which is cheaper than Cineworld VIP even with Unlimited, so I did that.

For a near 3 1/2 hour film this wasn't the slog I was expecting. Its slow moving, but never boring. Lily and Leo were great, hopefully both get lead acting noms at the Academy Awards.

So many cameos towards the end.
Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom