La Roux - Supervision

i'm fully onboard the automatic driver golf cart even if i think it hurts itself with overlong verses. my favourite thing about it is the change to a lower key on the outro ad libs.

new track was released today - do you feel.

the backing track starts off very grace jones.

i'm fully onboard the automatic driver golf cart even if i think it hurts itself with overlong verses. my favourite thing about it is the change to a lower key on the outro ad libs.

new track was released today - do you feel.

the backing track starts off very grace jones.

Oh yes. I like the feel of this, even if it meanders a bit. Automatic Driver is the best of the pre-release songs, it grew on me lots.

The album is out today, I am going to keep an eye out and see if it gets the release week discounting a la Lil Lou Records.

I've seen lots of negative reviews on boards, but I'm with most of the music press reviews. It's clear that this album isn’t about instantly adorable bops. It’s an album made up entirely of growers and slow-burners. After a few listens, I really love it!

i realised the album's out a few ninutes too late. but yeah, i'm totally looking forward to it.

This is an album for stoned middle-class lesbians with a troubling obsession with colonialism isn’t it :D

I don’t hate it as much as the internet seems to - Automatic Driver is basically everything I want from a La Roux song. But by the sixth song in a row that used the same tempo and sound it did start to all feel very FAMILIAR :eyes:

It sort of sounds like she recorded a bunch of demos at home/in a small studio, then ran out of money to fully record and master them properly tbh. I often think that if a song doesn’t sound 100% fully formed it probably isn’t and almost all the songs on this album sound like that.

Well the first listen of this was not positive.

I'll give it another bash next week but I hope it all feels a lot less DREARY.

I saw a poster in Rough Trade East today and I like the cover :)

It's one of those covers which describes the album contained therein EXACTLY (now there's a thread)

Sadly that's not the kind of emotion which is worth sticking around for

really love this now. three from this project so far.

has anyone given it a chance?

06 international woman of leisure
10 gullible fool
08 automatic driver

08 do you feel

I severely lost interest in this after the first two tracks came out but Automatic Driver is just lovely. not enough to convince me the album won't be a chore, but it fits in just swell with the lazy disco vibes I'm chasing these days.

anyone for a la roux cover of gang of four?

almost missed it, but i've had this little oddity on rotation for a while and i can't help listening to it - mostly cause it feels like something is off about it - like an old cassette that's dragging. i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom