Labour: The Keir Starmer years

Sir Keir's won - are you happy with this outcome?

• Total voters
Shouldn't raising the minimum wage and implementing better sick pay be bolted on Labour policy? Just how Red Tory does Starmer want to go?

FATtLHZWEAAdQpA

:D

Has anyone mounted a defence for this that isn't "Well this is one less Corbynite so good riddance?" yet

I don't feel especially inclined to defend it, but I imagine the best argument is that taking the minimum wage from £9 to £15 in one go would probably be quite a difficult ask for some smaller businesses.

I still don't really see why they couldn't have gone with something like 'it's an aspiration and it would probably be phased in over a few years if £15 was the final number we went with, but obviously it's a decision for when we come to writing the manifesto'.

Also the statement;
"The wider establishment was horrified. Its anxiety increased when Labour nearly won the 2017 election on a radical agenda"

AS IF

Reactions: VoR
Is there anything more pointless than the phrase "I put this government on notice"

Ooh. So scary. So tough.

I mean, for my snark (and I will be returning to it), it was exactly what conventional wisdom suggests Labour should be doing. Disgustingly centrist uninspiring competence, in the hope that the English will vote for politics to be boring again. Can't see it changing many minds in Scotland, since his big idea there is wheeling out Gordon Brown, and of course Wales still elects Labour governments.

I mean, for my snark (and I will be returning to it), it was exactly what conventional wisdom suggests Labour should be doing. Disgustingly centrist uninspiring competence
I'm not being funny babe but have you met the average voter in England? I don't think he's doing the formula particularly well, but like...

I'm not being funny babe but have you met the average voter in England?
Sadly I have. I mean, they're not really any different to the average voter in Scotland, yet they somehow manage to mess it up none the less.

Given his flirtations with anti-semitism, I’m reluctant to listen to Ken Loach at this point.
I'd suggest you read properly into those "flirtations" and if you then still believe he is antisemitic, we'll have to pat the Board of Deputies of British Jews for their excellent PROPAGANDA work in the UK.

:goodgrief:

Ed Milliband is an ASSET! Why would they even consider this?

Morons who still hold a grudge from eleven years ago and who've got high on their own supply. He's literally the only other national figure on the frontbench, and in probably the second most important brief at the next election and all.

Keir has signed the death warrant for Labour in Liverpool for writing an editorial in the S*n

Death warrant seems a bit of an exaggeration - the most marginal Liverpool seat has a majority of about 27k.

But a bizarre move nonetheless and damaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom