Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters

how can anyone who likes this hate COCC? :D they're not exactly apples and oranges hun.
I find them entirely different! COTCC has this emotional disconnect for me, which means that while I like most the songs, I can't connect or relate. Whereas I instantly connected with BB. It's something subtle and inherent but it's the difference between a masterpiece and meh, for me

All this BTD/Paradise talk has made me think how sad the COCC/BB couple compares to it. Yes, BB seems better than COCC but nothing on either album is as instant as Blue Jeans, Born to Die or Cola!

I find them entirely different! COTCC has this emotional disconnect for me, which means that while I like most the songs, I can't connect or relate. Whereas I instantly connected with BB. It's something subtle and inherent but it's the difference between a masterpiece and meh, for me

VERY THIS

Blue Banisters is helping me appreciate COCC a little more over the past few days, but it feels like a rarities and out-takes compilation to me than an ALBUM.
Whereas
BB was instantly cohesive to my ears.

That's not to say COCC doesn't have it's moments HOWEVER! I could do without the collabs at the end though, as much as I love Weyes Blood.

I actually can't compare the two*. I think COCC has more Lana classics, but BB feels more like an event record. both are fantastic. BB could have clinched it, but it doesn't have a track as standout as Yosemite or Dance Till We Die.

*I guess they really are apples and oranges :D

LOON SINGLES PICK from each album if Lana was aiming for PEAK COMMERCIAL SUCCESS each era :disco:

BORN TO DIE:
01 Video Games
02 Born To Die
03 Summertime Sadness
04 Off To The Races
05 National Anthem
06 Summertime Sadness (REMIX)
07 Blue Jeans
08 Young And Beautiful (I think this was released around THIS TIME)

PARADISE:
01 Ride
02 Gods and Monsters
03 Cola

ULTRAVIOLENCE:
01 West Coast (not the most commercial, but a lead single or bust scenario)
02 Brooklyn Baby
03 Black Beauty
04 Sad Girl

HONEYMOON:
01 High By The Beach
02 Art Deco (Ibiza remix)
03 Freak
04 The Blackest Day (radio EDIT) (Germany ONLY)

LUST FOR LIFE:
01 Lust For Life
02 Get Free
03 Summer Bummer
04 Groupie Love
05 Love

NFR!:
Whatever songs she released as singles in whatever order :D it WORKED!

COCC: lol who cares
01 Chemtrails
02 Wild At Heart
03 White Dress
04 Tulsa Jesus Freak

Last edited:
Quite tempted to take up smoking.

1635199074671.png

these songs are full of melodies :D

I think DC means production-wise? I don't think Lana will ever release something as overproduced and poppy as the BTD album.

She's had some poppier, more mainstream friendlier moments here and there though, Lust for Life was written by fucking Max Martin!

LOON SINGLES PICK from each album if Lana was aiming for PEAK COMMERCIAL SUCCESS each era :disco:

BORN TO DIE:
01 Video Games
02 Born To Die
03 Summertime Sadness
04 Off To The Races
05 National Anthem
06 Summertime Sadness (REMIX)
07 Blue Jeans
08 Young And Beautiful (I think this was released around THIS TIME)

Excuse me but this list is invalid, I mean, Dark Paradise was actually a GERMAN ONLY single and you took it off, but would rather have SS released a second time as a poppers o'clock REMIX?

It’s nice and everything but I put Paradise on earlier and I just want some more Edward Scissorhands cinematic grandeur. Is that too much to ask, Lana love?!

I know some of the EMOTIONALLY INCOMPETENT LOUNGE BASICS think that BTD is her best album and something to which she should aspire but it's VERY MUCH NOT

I know some of the EMOTIONALLY INCOMPETENT LOUNGE BASICS think that BTD is her best album and something to which she should aspire but it's VERY MUCH NOT
Some of us EMOTIONALLY INCOMPETENT LOUNGE BASICS think its her second best, thank you very much

I actually think Blue Bannisters might end up as my number 2 (after NFR) eventually

I don’t even feel attacked in the SLIGHTEST by that description. I mean you CAN’T when you’re Honeymoon’s biggest fan :basil:

I won't take MORE SLANDER against BORN TO FUCKING DIE!

There's a reason why she still performs about 60% of it during her tours :eyes: despite having 3,842 songs waiting for some airing.

I just feel that BTD was SLEDGEHAMMERED SCHTICK sonically speaking whereas the subsequent albums - especially Honeymoon - have been more pleasingly subtle (whilst going on about the same old things :disco:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom