Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters

I saw a post on Instagram from someone who has collected all the vinyl editions - there's like 8 of them and in 4 or 5 different sleeves! Is that normal now? No wonder there's problems with production if that's a standard release pattern. I remember McCartney did about 13/14 variants of his album but he's Paul McCartney and Beatles fans are a bit nuts...

there are only 2 different sleeves for this album, and maybe a Target edition?

A "friend*" over the weekend said she gave the album a try and asked, "why the hell is this bitch so sad all the time and fucking obsessed with summer"?

*needless to say, she's dead now. I Was dressed up as Spiderman and choked her with my web. It was a Halloween party so it was pretty APT!

Last edited:
A "friend*" over the weekend said she gave the album a try and asked, "why the hell is this bitch so sad all the time and fucking obsessed with summer"?

*needless to say, she's dead now. I Was dressed up as Spiderman and choked her with my web.
I feel the most appropriate way to die listening to Lana would be to DROWN in TEARS :disco:

every time she starts to rhyme "toes" with "roses" on Violets for Roses, I think for a split second she's gonna sing "toeses". AND I WANT THAT EDIT OF THE SONG.

THREE popular new release playlists I follow on Spotify have included If You Lie Down With Me, I assume they went for that as a single instead of Dealer? :rolleyes:

Although Dealer becoming the viral slow burner hit despite not sounding like a Lana song at all and her not being the main vocalist is such a kii

Da Baby (or someone else less problematic) remix of “Black Bathing Suit” for her first top ten since Summertime Sadness, NOW

she doesn't WANT A HIT and can you all stop wishing for REMIXES please the songs are perfect as they ARE!

just ordered the lovely red vinyl edition with the John Deere artwork :disco:

"Violets for Roses" may be a new favorite. It takes you on so many melodic turns. It's just delightful.

Larchmont Village smells like lilies of the valley
The bookstore doors are opening
And it's finally happening...

Ever since I fell out of love with you, I fell back in love with me
And boy, does it feel sweet, like a summer breeze

Ever since I fell out of love with you, I fell back in love with the city
Like the Paramount sign sparkling, spaaaaaarkling just for me...

97426caf816686bef84a0f45687170ee.gif

I think the vinyls will be spread out.

she has 5k Chemtrails vinyls out on the 22nd (I think all for the UK?) so it'll be interesting to see if/how high that charts again.

there are only 2 different sleeves for this album, and maybe a Target edition?

I couldn't find the post last night but there was definitely more than 2 sleeves - the HMV one is very distinctive and there was at last one more bordered sleeve, designed like the main one.

correct you are, there's a variant of the main cover where she's smiling with slightly different colour grading. not sure where that was available though...

I'm starting to think this album may be her BEST (sorry NFR!), it just keeps giving and giving.

I feel a bit bad for it as a body of work, as I think the shonky release strategy (if you can call it a strategy lol) has left it a bit overlooked critically. I see REAPPRAISALS APLENTY in the years to come.

she doesn't WANT A HIT and can you all stop wishing for REMIXES please the songs are perfect as they ARE!

I don't think anybody wants her to have a hit anymore, we just want more people aboard the LANA BOAT!

Although a small-sized hit would be nice for the eventual Greatest Hits EP :disco: (which 89% no doubt be made up of BTD songs)

I'm starting to think this album may be her BEST (sorry NFR!), it just keeps giving and giving.

I feel a bit bad for it as a body of work, as I think the shonky release strategy (if you can call it a strategy lol) has left it a bit overlooked critically. I see REAPPRAISALS APLENTY in the years to come.
I think it's already done the important work of getting a lot of people who shrugged at COCC back on work. but really she's in such a privileged position as a popstar. she can basically do whatever the fuck she wants :D

which, 97% of the time, is FUCK ALL!

She's cancelled all the signed CD orders sold through her store 😄

There's a lot of this about, mind you - things are taking so long to produce then ship for signing, then ship back and assemble that even indie labels are ditching signed edition (I had one cancelled last week).

incoming rational loon rate...

95 Text Book
100 Blue Banisters
89 Arcadia
95 Interlude - The Trio
96 Black Bathing Suit
95 If You Lie Down With Me
89 Beautiful
92 Violets For Roses
94 Dealer
90 Thunder
87 Wildflower Wildfire