Lana Del Rey - top 10 songs (2021 edition)

1. Ride
2. Music to watch boys to
3. God knows I tried
4. This is how to disappear
5. Old money
6. In my feelings
7. Heroin
8. Blue jeans
9. National anthem
10. Off to the races

bubbling under: Freak, Prisoner, Black Beauty, Serial Killer, Flipside, Summertime sadness, Dark paradise

omg THE TASTE. SORRY Lana-DEL-REYERS but I do rate Honeymoon above UV too.
giphy.gif

Speaking of Honeymoon, am I the only one that prefers the demo of "Freak" with the different middle eight (3:30), to the final cut?

MARRY ME MARRY ME :disco:

Speaking of Honeymoon, am I the only one that prefers the demo of "Freak" with the different middle eight (3:30), to the final cut?

MARRY ME MARRY ME :disco:

Oh I much prefer this! There's a lot more punch to it and that middle eight sounds quite Lust For Life-esque

I am sorry to anyone this gives an aneurysm (@Jark @Iguana most likely)

1. Video Games
2. Born to Die
3. National Anthem
4. Mariners Apartment Complex
5. California
6. Doin Time
7. Venice Bitch
8. Lust for Life
9. Lucky Ones
10. Ride
PEOPLE LIKE YOU are the reason her tour setlists to this very day are Born To Die in full + High By the Beach (and the two recent songs she can be arsed to rehearse) :rolleyes:

PEOPLE LIKE YOU are the reason her tour setlists to this very day are Born To Die in full + High By the Beach (and the two recent songs she can be arsed to rehearse) :rolleyes:

AND RIGHTLY SO. I remember seeing her during the Paradise Tour, she sang about 5 songs off UV and 6 from BTD (not so much from Paradise) along with some unreleased ones, but since that night was the final night of the Latino leg she added Dark Paradise. Even she loves it so much :disco: but I do think she's trolling nowadays when BTD makes up the majority of the setlist and chooses (yet again!) Off To The Races as a closer.

1. West Coast
2. California
3. Venice Bitch
4. Cruel World
5. Ultraviolence
6. Ride
7. Summertime Sadness
8. Blue Jeans
9. Born To Die
10. Cinnamon Girl

Just remembered that I made as playlist of this and listened to it first thing this morning, and it was a bit of a slog all in one go :D

1. Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me
2. High by the beach
3. Video games
4. Blackest day
5. Once upon a dream
6. Summertime sadness
7. Salvatore
8. Gods and monsters
9. Born to die
10. Norman fucking Rockwell

so tough :o

01 California
02 The Blackest Day
03 Ride
04 West Coast
05 Tomorrow Never Came
06 Cinnamon Girl
07 When The World Was At War...
08 Doin' Time
09 Old Money
10 Black Beauty

top prio bubbling unders for Love Song, The Next Best American Record, Sad Girl.
I believe an update is due

01 The Blackest Day
02 California
03 The Next Best American Record
04 Black Beauty
05 Cinnamon Girl
06 When the World Was at War...
07 Tomorrow Never Came
08 Doin' Time
09 Salvatore
10 West Coast

11 Ride
12 How to Disappear
13 Love Song
14 Blue Banisters
15 Get Free
16 Terrence Loves You
17 Sweet Carolina
18 Norman fucking Rockwell
19 Yosemite
20 Dance Till We Die

THEY'RE ALL 11s. I HATE HER.

OK time for an update:

01 Cinnamon Girl
02 Ride
03 Ultraviolence
04 The Blackest Day
05 Yosemite
06 White Dress

07 West Coast
08 California
09 Born to Die
10 Bel Air
11 Old Money
12 Shades of Cool
13 American
14 Gods & Monsters
15 Heroin
16 Happiness is a Butterfly
17 13 Beaches
18 Terrence Loves You
19 Summertime Sadness
20 Text Book

How is "Yosemite" not already in The Great American Songbook

You make me feel I'm invincible
Just like I wanted
No more candle in the wind
It's not like I'm invisible
Not like before when I
Was burning at both ends

The seasonal references make it feel like a happy sequel to "Blue Banisters" too.

1. Hope is a dangerous thing for a f@ggot like me to have but i have it (joanne's version)
2. White Dress
3. Honeymoon
4. Gods & Monsters
5. Love song
6. The Blackest Day
7. Blue Banister
8. West Coast
9. Brooklyn Baby
10. Off To The Races

all 100s.

1. California
2. Norman Fucking Rockwell!
3. The Greatest
4. American
5. Venice Bitch
6. Fucked My Way Up to the Top
7. Cinnamon Girl
8. Born to Die
9. Ride
10. Love

With lots and lots of bubbling unders. Too many to mention. :D
Can someone tell admin to please insert Arcadia in there, and maybe Text Book. White Dress, COCC, Dealer and maybe LMLYLAW to the bubbling under list.

Cheers.

Last edited:
1. Old Money
2. Ride
3. Blue Jeans
4. Arcadia
5. Fuck it I love you
6. Lucky Ones
7. Bel Air
8. National Anthem
9. Dealer
10. Prisoner (w/ The Weeknd)

ALL BOPS! They might change tomorrow though :basil:

Pipo ranking Old Money #1 is the hot take I didn’t know I needed. I also didn’t know he was an “Arcadia” Stan :o

Pipo ranking Old Money #1 is the hot take I didn’t know I needed. I also didn’t know he was an “Arcadia” Stan :o

After years of dismissing Ultraviolence because I've always been put off by the awful singles, I decided to give it a chance in FULL earlier this year and found out I actually stan the latter half and the (unfortunately unavailable in America) hot bonus trackzzz. Old Money has stayed with me since.

Arcadia is GOOD! A welcome return to form, akin to her roots (or at least to some early 10's Lana), it was nice to have melodies and hooks back for a bit especially after a string of tuneless messy singles.

but Ultraviolence is all about the FIRST half :D (and Old Money, naturellement - one of her saddest songs ever in a pantheon full of them)

It just never clicked with me, sorry New Jark :( especially the singles, they never did absolutely anything to me :shock: I always play it from West Coast onwards :disco:

Money Power Glory, Old Money, Pretty When You Cry, Florida Kilos, Fucked My Way+ Flipside, Black Beauty, Guns and Roses TENS TENS ACROSS THE BOARD!! ughhhh

So I've just discovered this hot new artist! One song has just shot me dead and I've never felt more fatally beautiful. I'll be combing through these lists later for a deep dive, or should I say drown. What a fabulous morbid queen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom