LENA PHILIPSSON HAS RETURNED TO SAVE US ALL- AGAIN!

Indeed. Maria Magdalena remains a staple CHEZ SHEE.

I wonder if we’re going to get an album after all of this.

OMG IT'S SO GOOD! It really is Ace of Base!

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

I'm so pleased she's giving us videos- imagine if she had actually bothered during her GLORY YEARS

Bloody Mary Lena Ph ad-libbing and OY-OY-OY-OYing with much gusto is such a joy.

Reactions: D5K
I had no idea that that video is what I needed at this moment into the crisis. But apparently it is :disco:

I have been literally obsessed with this song/video the last few weeks. Total lockdown soundtrack.

Reactions: D5K
It might be greedy, since she has served up a couple of stone cold Lena classics but I do hope the unheard five songs on the album contain some more comparable moments, and not just pleasant midtempos.

She could have gone for more than 9 tracks considering we already have half of them, mind...

1. 1. Maria Magdalena
  2. 2. Lära så länge man lever
  3. 3. En stilla depression
  4. 4. Höra hur du mår
  5. 5. Du är aldrig ensam
  6. 6. Stockholm
  7. 7. Du ljuger
  8. 8. Han går på vatten
  9. 9. Är det för sent

It’s arrived

On first listen it’s very promising - her most popstastic effort since Jag ångrar ingenting. (I did love Världen Snurrar in places, but it definitely felt like more of a grab-bag than a coherent album.)

Some very pleasing Bilingual-era Pet Shop Boys influences running through ‘Stockholm’ and ‘Han går på vatten’ too... :disco:

No-one?

Anyone, hour-long outdoor concert airing on SVT on 4th August. :disco:

Lära så länge man lever is great, there's no originality at all but it's so comfortingly familiar.

This really is a good album! The lyrics are typically Lena, quite quirky and funny, and I am really impressed that she wrote ALL the songs by herself.

Maria Magdalena is a fantastic slice of Balkan style pop, There's definitely more than a few homages to certain acts, Lär så länge man lever reminds me of Alcazar circa 2003, and as people have said En stilla depression is Ace of Base and despite the jollities of the tune actually has rather sad lyrics. Höra hur du mår is basically På gatan där jag bor part två and really nice. I was not that fussed with Du är aldrig ensam when it originally came out, but it seems to work better in the context of the album. Stockholm is very early 90s pop with a touch of house, the piano solo is to die for and I love the lyrics which is a love song to the city. Du ljuger is probably the weakest song on the album, it's not bad, just a little bit faceless, though I like the vocoder effects on her vocals. Han går på vatten reminds me of something off her My Name album from the late 80s, and nice that she mixed it up with her 'talk rapping', a real summery song so not a surprise it is the next single. Är det för sent is a nice ballad to end things, something she tends to do on quite a few of her albums. Overall definitely her strongest album since Jag ångrar ingenting.

The only downside is the album is SO short. There were a few other new tracks she sang on her summer tour last year which are not on here which she could have added on to make it longer. Perhaps they will turn up another time.

Debuts at #6 on the Swedish charts. Her last one got to #4 but hung around a fair while.

None of the other singles have done much of anything, but I notice Maria Magdalena has quietly clocked up over 4 million streams, which is quite decent for someone of her age. None of Agnes' recent efforts went much over a million and you'd think she'd be a much better fit for Spotify.

En stilla depression is fabulous. I quite enjoyed the album, needs a few more listens to properly gel with me

Specifically Singing to Heaven.

And yes as @FetchFugly said that’s just Could It Be Magic; also crossed with Dansa I Neon with a sprinkle of Love Me Tonight. Genius.

Yes Dansa I Neon is definitely in that chorus.

I like the album, but it is short especially having heard so much of it pre-release and the first ballad is a bit meh.

Lära så länge man man lever really is the RIP-OFF of Singing To Heaven We All LIVE FOR! :disco:

Lyrics: En stilla depression

A peaceful depression
A strangeful suppression
Where’s nothing makes you stand up
No tremble makes you lay down

A peaceful depression
Mediocre ambition
You live as in equanimity
Far from your ascension
and all of my companions
They get the way I’m feeling
You work, put on a smile
Go to Asda down the aisle

But still there’s something missing
You’re stuck in the same old loop
Every weekday, every break
A rip-off of yourself

Woyoyoyoooy
Lalalala lalalaaa-lalala
Lalalala lalalaaa-lalaaa
Lalalala lalalaaa-lalala
Lalalala lalalaaa

A peaceful depression
Like a half-baked erection
You’re getting the intention
Still left without insertion

A peaceful depression
Go down a division
Join the fold and play some ball
Keep it tight, the difference small

Sure, but who am I to complain?
Well, how hard can it really be?
I’ve got everything I craved
Bread and wine and money saved

But still, my mind utters to me
From the depths of its lethargy
With your life seen as a whole
You're just a clueless little fool
With a peaceful depression

(Lalalala lalalaaa-lalala)
Lalalalaaa
Lalala lalalalaaa

La-la-la-la-laaa
Woyoyoyoooy
Oyoyoooy
Woyoyoyoooy
Oyoyoyoooy

A peaceful depression
(Depression, depression, depression
depression, depression, depression, depression)
A peaceful depression
(Depression, depression, depression
depression, depression, depression)

A peaceful depression
Lalalalaaa
Lalala lalalalaaa

A peaceful depression
Lalalalaaa