Louise Survivor: SEMI FINAL

Vote to EVICT

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
Originally a #12 hit for the Average White Band in 1980, Louise's poptastic revival of disco classic Let's Go Round Again served as the second single from Woman In Me in November 1997. While it only peaked at #10, it was in a highly competitive chart which included mega-sellers Barbie Girl, Torn and Never Ever above her.

Over time it actually lead single outsold Arms Around The World, kept the album in the top 20 during the then extremely lucrative Christmas period and became one of her most beloved and well-remembered solo releases. If you're a gay of a certain age, the words STAIRCASE CHOREO will instantly bring back a flood of nostalgic memories. :disco:

QUEEN!

Anyway, it's now down to the three lead singles. Vote for your LEAST FAVE.

4th: Let's Go Round Again
5th: Stretch
6th: In Walked Love
7th: Undivided Love
8th: Super Magic
9th: All That Matters
=10th: Beautiful Inside
=10th: Hurt
12th: Lead Me On
=13th: Light of My Life
=13th: One Kiss From Heaven
=15th: Pandora's Kiss
=15th: Stuck In The Middle With You

Aside: I love how in the TOTP performance above, Louise is never quite sure which parts to mime to when the lead vocal clearly becomes that of a heavyset black woman towards the end. :D

Why didn't she sing live more? :D

Watching that BBC Piano (Bar?) session from this week, she clearly can sing and actually has quite a good pop voice.

Also, I am here for what I hope is a final round BATTLE ROYALE between Naked and Arms Around The World.

Reactions: VoR
It wasn't really the DONE THING for pop singers to perform live on TV in the mid-late 90s. It's weird to see some of those performances now because you'd get so much more stick today for obviously miming, but at the time people either didn't notice or didn't really care.

She did do it live while promoting it on French TV at the time and handled herself fine.

And of course nowadays she sings it live pretty regularly.

Last edited:
I’m trying to factor in what I thought of them then as well as now and have opted for Naked which I like more these days than when it was out.

2 Faced. Fabulous first five seconds. But once "HI LOUISEEEEE" is done, there's really not much left.

Why didn't she sing live more? :D

Watching that BBC Piano (Bar?) session from this week, she clearly can sing and actually has quite a good pop voice.

The advent and proliferation of autotune has made a lot of people suddenly happy to sing live when they never would before…

Still can’t believe 2faced beat Let’s Go Round Again.

I mean it’s decent, but not a patch on the other three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom