Madame X Tour Film

She needs to just do a full on greatest hits tour next time. Live off your legacy, love. She’s going through another real music indulgent phase where she wants people to pay attention to her current music and not the hitz. It didn’t work for Kylie 7 years into her career, what makes her think it will work for her 35 years into hers?

She needs to just do a full on greatest hits tour next time. Live off your legacy, love. She’s going through another real music indulgent phase where she wants people to pay attention to her current music and not the hitz. It didn’t work for Kylie 7 years into her career, what makes her think it will work for her 35 years into hers?

She never will. Reinvention was supposed to be that, but it wasn't. She hates looking back, pays her back catalogue dust and has contempt for anyone that likes her early stuff. She could rinse the gays with multiple versions of her early albums but she just won't consider it!

I get the feeling she is looking back especially doing this weird film project. She’s referenced loads of random stuff lately .

Anyway the typewriter secenew always remind me of French and Saunders in that skit when they are in the background typing manically

She never will. Reinvention was supposed to be that, but it wasn't. She hates looking back, pays her back catalogue dust and has contempt for anyone that likes her early stuff. She could rinse the gays with multiple versions of her early albums but she just won't consider it!
This is the plan with the new Warner deal though. It looks like it's finally happening although I'll believe it when I see it.

This is the plan with the new Warner deal though. It looks like it's finally happening although I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not convinced. She could make a fortune if she properly went for it but it it just doesn't seem like something she'd want to do.

Why is Reinvention so disliked among the loons?

Honestly stood in Earl’s Court that hot summers day when the whole arena were banging their chairs and feet then The Beast Within started and the music just vibrated through my body..ugh what a feeling

And people say it’s a GH tour, she still did a fair few American Life songs .

Anyway. Poor Vogue the last time verse three was performed …

The Reinvention tour was amazing. It felt entirely celebratory and it came at the right time as her second imperial era was coming to an end on the back of American Life not living up to expectations. She honoured the album but in the context of her career, an icon acknowledging her endurance and resilience. I loved it.

Anyway I’m glad I blew loads of cash on the Madame X shows . Lisbon was amazing and even the cut show in London was with it to be sat 2 feet away from her . Never over it

And Suedey there catching me dancing like a loon

Why is Reinvention so disliked among the loons?

Honestly stood in Earl’s Court that hot summers day when the whole arena were banging their chairs and feet then The Beast Within started and the music just vibrated through my body..ugh what a feeling

And people say it’s a GH tour, she still did a fair few American Life songs .

Anyway. Poor Vogue the last time verse three was performed …

My personal feeling is that it wasn't what was promised. We wanted to hear the hits and we didn't get that.

Hyde Park ruined MDNA tour for me. I wish I’d gone to Birmingham in the arena with eleven lovely one of straight hair and broke sets

Why are we pitting strong independent females against each other?

My personal feeling is that it wasn't what was promised. We wanted to hear the hits and we didn't get that.
We did though. In comparison to her previous trek (Drowned World Tour). It's all relative, and in that context Re-Invention was definitely a GH tour. The retrospectoscope is a different kettle of fish and now taking it out of context? Sure, I suppose the AL record was heavily featured, but actually if you look at the setlist there's at least 1 song from each of her previous studio albums. If that's not a 'GH' setlist then I don't know what is.

We did though. In comparison to her previous trek (Drowned World Tour). It's all relative, and in that context Re-Invention was definitely a GH tour.

It was in hindsight, that's true. It just wasn't the all killer, no filler, all hits, no misses, show that we felt we'd been promised. I think it was the first time I realised she hated her 80s songs.

If she did a greatest hits setlist she’s gonna miss so many out anyway.

Plus have to include Human Nature and Candy Shop so ….

The Confessions tour felt like a GH-type of concert for me, I say this as a CASUAL FAN.

The Confessions tour felt like a GH-type of concert for me, I say this as a CASUAL FAN.
I disagree it was so Confessions heavy just helped it was a great album that clicked . (See MDNA your - still not keen)
Like a Virgin
live To Tell
music
la Isla
lucky Star (butchered)
erotica (demo version most people didn’t know)
Drowned World
paradise
Ray of light

Hardly the epitome of her biggest smashes really (aside from the big hits there) but you get my drift

I think it was the Moopy Rewatch last year that made me come to think that The Girlie Show was the best show she's done.

It's a frosty show for sure but a really good mix of old and new.

Dr Roos hijacking the thread tour rank

1. The Girlie Show
2. Blond Ambition World Tour ‘90
3. Confessions
4. ReInvention Tour
5. Sticky & Sweet Tour
6. Who’s That Girl Tour
7. Rebel Heart Tour
8. The Virgin Tour
9. Madame X
10. MDNA Tour

DWT will always be my favourite. Odd because I yearn for a true greatest hits gig and this is actually her most self indulgent and “current” of all her tours, but visually, creatively, and with her voice still in that post-Evita high, it’s spectacular. She always said she wanted to create a musical experience more than a setlist of songs, and with DWT it’s the closest she’s come to just that.

I don’t think I’ve ever watched Blond Ambition as a whole piece. Seen most of it via In Bed With Madonna, and it just wasn’t available to buy for the longest time (is it even available now?) before the era of YouTube etc.

I think I ended up finding a bootleg DVD of it years ago but then never bothered to watch it. I might even still have it.

DWT will always be my favourite. Odd because I yearn for a true greatest hits gig and this is actually her most self indulgent and “current” of all her tours, but visually, creatively, and with her voice still in that post-Evita high, it’s spectacular. She always said she wanted to create a musical experience more than a setlist of songs, and with DWT it’s the closest she’s come to just that.
It's my second favourite tour after CT. The first time I saw that Sky Fits Heaven performance my jaw dropped. I love that she gave no fucks and created this dark, unrelenting and artsy show.

I think with DWT I Was just bitter I never went as I had OTHER COMMITMENTS plus the official release I didn’t care for her hair

Oh alright then:

1. BLOND AMBITION WORLD TOUR 90
2. The Girlie Show Tour
3. Confessions Tour
4. Who's That Girl Tour
5. Drowned World Tour
6. MDNA Tour
7. Re-Invention Tour
8. Madame X Tour
9. Sticky & Sweet Tour
10. Re-Invention Tour
11. Rebel Heart Tour